Quantcast

Hell, at this price, even I would buy this...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
best thing ya could have done...
If I needed the salve of revenge, it's all been taken care of by others, anyway.

Company's moved out of the shop, sold off most of the HAAS machines, end mills, etc. Just selling off scraps now. MM and CM apparently at each other's throats most of the time, bouncing around the 'divorce' word, etc.

Quite frankly, I wish him better luck in a totally different industry [where there's no customers or employees]

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That makes less sense to me than it does to you.

:banghead:
My company subscribes to a really strict webnazi program, and craigslist is one of the plethora of sites that is blocked. About 90% of the time when someone posts a link with no accompanying information, I can't follow it until I get home.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My company subscribes to a really strict webnazi program, and craigslist is one of the plethora of sites that is blocked. About 90% of the time when someone posts a link with no accompanying information, I can't follow it until I get home.
*edit: ditto here too..

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
santa barbara craigslist > bicycles > 6" Travel Fork for Mountain BikeStratos MX6 Fork
last modified: Sat, 9 Sep 13:24 PDT
Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally: (report scam attempts to abuse@craigslist.org)
· non-local deals involving shipping, wire transfer, cashier checks, escrow, or 3rd party payments are usually fraudulent
· there are no such things as "craigslist payment system", "craigslist buyer protection", or "craigslist seller certification"

please flag with care : [miscategorized] [prohibited] [spam] [discussion] [best of]

email this posting to a friend

6" Travel Fork for Mountain BikeStratos MX6 Fork - $45

Reply to: sale-205129816@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-09-09, 1:24PM PDT

6" Mountain Bike fork; dual crowns, int'l disc brake mount

Just refurbished

New stantions

New black brake brace

New silver Crowns

New supa seals and sealnuts

New axle

New steer tube

Fork has thread seats and v-brake boses

this is in or around Santa Barbara
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Man, that was a great fork on my Stinky in '01. I loved it!
To be fair, the fork concept was simple and effective. They worked really well for the first year we had them out, but our seal manufacturer [they were, foolishly, custom made, not off the shelf MX stuff] moved production from Taiwan to China and suddenly they leaked like hell all over the place.

Then, we shifted from the heavy-duty crowns to a lighter one and the drawings were misread and oh-my-f'n-god did things go downhill [in a bad way] from there...

About that time, my co-worker and I were 'making too much money' so they took us off salary and put us on a totally screwed commission-only system without any compensation for bad QA on the finished goods - so we had to quit.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Losing that job, unfortunately, indirectly led to my divorce [money woes - it's a killer!]

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That sucks to hear! To be honest, I know there is a lot of hate around here, but I ran that fork on my Stinky, the FR4 on my Azonic DS1, and the LR1 on my Bullit. The LR1 was tits for that bike. Light, great steering, lockout, and PLUSH!

I did go through 3 different seal setups on the MX6, but the last set (moto seals or some crap) were great.

I never got around to getting a El Jefe for my Bullit, but I loved all 3 sets of forks I owned.

<edit> and I got them all for CHEAP!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Oh, I still stand behind the 'Mission Statement' from the days of yore, but with a mad captain at the helm, just about any ship will run aground.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My S7 would never quit leaking, but it felt good during the breif times it operated properly.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
I just know that chick they had in shop was off her Rocker!!

I was in shop about 8months ago, friend was getting his S8 Dialed. They said they were done selling MTB stuff were not making enough and they were moving over to 50's forks. So they took their whole supply of rods or whatever and chopped them down for their 50 forks. But then they got an order of MTB stuff that needed the old rod and they didn't have any. WOW!! It was pretty funny!! Then he told my friends to use ATF in their 888's. So they all change the fluid to ATF, one friends had to send his in for warranty and he got a call from MZ. "What the Hell did you put in this fork"? , aaa the guy at Stratos said I could use ATF, "Stratos said you could use ATF, WTF that&#8217;s like putting $(@#* in a race car"! (#&^%# don&#8217;t remember what he said)

My friend hung up the phone and said, "MZ just yelled at me"!!!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I just know that chick they had in shop was off her Rocker!!

I was in shop about 8months ago, friend was getting his S8 Dialed. They said they were done selling MTB stuff were not making enough and they were moving over to 50's forks. So they took their whole supply of rods or whatever and chopped them down for their 50 forks. But then they got an order of MTB stuff that needed the old rod and they didn't have any. WOW!! It was pretty funny!! Then he told my friends to use ATF in their 888's. So they all change the fluid to ATF, one friends had to send his in for warranty and he got a call from MZ. "What the Hell did you put in this fork"? , aaa the guy at Stratos said I could use ATF, "Stratos said you could use ATF, WTF that’s like putting $(@#* in a race car"! (#&^%# don’t remember what he said)

My friend hung up the phone and said, "MZ just yelled at me"!!!
Oh Lord... the Madness never ends...

By 'crazy chick' - do you mean a woman about 38 with long blond hair and a funny accent?

As to the ATF - well, there's a lot of opinions on that, but the Stratos forks were all valved for ATF, and Marzocchi were valved for things like, oh, say, Fork Oil...

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Oh Lord... the Madness never ends...

By 'crazy chick' - do you mean a woman about 38 with long blond hair and a funny accent?

As to the ATF - well, there's a lot of opinions on that, but the Stratos forks were all valved for ATF, and Marzocchi were valved for things like, oh, say, Fork Oil...

AHHAHA Good thing I never fell for ATF in my 888. Catherine was her name I think. Gave me and my Buddy the 4th degree. Then she didn't have a clue were we could pay. No you have to go upstairs no downstairs no to the bank, I can't give change for a $50

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
AHHAHA Good thing I never fell for ATF in my 888. Catherine was her name I think. Gave me and my Buddy the 4th degree. Then she didn't have a clue were we could pay. No you have to go upstairs no downstairs no to the bank, I can't give change for a $50
Yeah, that's the wife of the owner. Nut job #1.