it should be.

i had eggs for breakfast.

i've never had eggs.

ever.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woke up to angry child. Enjoying the new wall mount to our TV. In-law's are going home today. I start my new work schedule tomorrow, working normal hours now (815-445), so I will be able to do my workouts in the morning.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Decent ride yesterday, though the best part got nixed by a huge foot race on the best trail. I'm not even angry though, anybody who would run 50km on those trails deserves to not have a bike in their way for one day.

I've had a wall mount for my tv for years. Maybe I'll install it someday.

Possible DH today.

Also, day 1 of a beer-fast. Let's see how this goes.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
day 3 is the hardest . Morning , dh big bear yesterday I got 6 runs in and then my fork exploded . Where's dirtymike when you need him to fix things :think:.today's agenda is do nothing .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Decent ride yesterday, though the best part got nixed by a huge foot race on the best trail. I'm not even angry though, anybody who would run 50km on those trails deserves to not have a bike in their way for one day.

I've had a wall mount for my tv for years. Maybe I'll install it someday.

Possible DH today.

Where'd you ride?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Hiked yesterday. Had to tend to someones dog that ripped pads on 3 out of his 4 paws. Poor puppy. :(

Pretty sure I've seen more shirtless/just in sports bras chicks here in Boulder than I have in my entire life. Pr0n withstanding of course.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I went riding yesterday. Ski Hill in Leavenworth, up the new trail then the fire road, then down Rosie and the new trail. I actually did not enjoy it: hot climb with moon dust everywhere, steep descent that went fine technically but brought me no thrill, and a sunburn because I'm stupid.

I passed on the second part of the ride, a fire road climb then Xanadu down, because I was cramping up despite 100 oz of water down the gullet and because it wasn't fun.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Heal fast. I am at ER too, waiting for someone to sew a hole in my abdomen. I kind of hit something when I crashed earlier this afternoon. I need moar armor.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got my training program in place and the one I am going with is burly. As much as Wifey wants this to be a 'just finish it' type event, I can't do that. It's not how I'm built. The program is for performance, not participation. Hopefully I can keep on schedule and make head way. I start tomorrow with a morning swim and 20 mile afternoon ride.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thanks Eric. I wonder how much they will charge per stitch, I got eight of them. :banghead: Good news is, the DHR is faaast! ;) Bad news is, wifey will not be happy when she comes back from her overseas trip. :bonk:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Read Waterlogged, by Tim Noakes.
Interesting. I'd certainly heard of hyponatremia from marathoners and others drinking a ton, but hadn't made the connection to my own small scale efforts, as it were.

Here's a summary for others interested: http://www.irunfar.com/2012/07/waterlogged-a-dogma-shattering-book.html

I'm going to give that a shot next time I'm on the bike. I certainly was overheating, though, and appropriately dialed back my climbing pace to keep core temperature under control… :D I have no problem dialing back, you see, and even with big wagon wheel 29" hoops a 22 x 36t granny keeps me moving slowly.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I went riding yesterday. Ski Hill in Leavenworth, up the new trail then the fire road, then down Rosie and the new trail. I actually did not enjoy it: hot climb with moon dust everywhere, steep descent that went fine technically but brought me no thrill, and a sunburn because I'm stupid.

I passed on the second part of the ride, a fire road climb then Xanadu down, because I was cramping up despite 100 oz of water down the gullet and because it wasn't fun.
Headed to Leavenworth at the end of June. Will need all pertinent info for a non crappy ride experience.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting. I'd certainly heard of hyponatremia from marathoners and others drinking a ton, but hadn't made the connection to my own small scale efforts, as it were.

Here's a summary for others interested: http://www.irunfar.com/2012/07/waterlogged-a-dogma-shattering-book.html

I'm going to give that a shot next time I'm on the bike. I certainly was overheating, though, and appropriately dialed back my climbing pace to keep core temperature under control… :D I have no problem dialing back, you see, and even with big wagon wheel 29" hoops a 22 x 36t granny keeps me moving slowly.
Just wait until you get here and the hypoxia tries to murder you on your first ride.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
thanks guys. luckily, nothing broken. just a big ass bruise, and a contusion on my lung. I guess that makes me a giant pvssy for going to the ER for nothing but a big bruise... eh well, at least I got a script for percocet! that stuff shure helped me get through the night. I can breathe normally today, which is nice.

StiHacka, heal up soon too... I wonder who's gonna be back on the bike first!?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was told to stay off the bike for two weeks until I have the stitches removed. I have an inch long rupture and some massive swelling in the groin, not too bad but hurts like hell when I try to tie my shoes.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
High speed OTB and I hit something with my groin when in the air, most likely a tall headset spacer. Got to trim that biatch. First time on a new bike...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Headed to Leavenworth at the end of June. Will need all pertinent info for a non crappy ride experience.
Be prepared to climb. I saw a few people on DH bikes headed up to Xanadu (pushing up the road climb, clearly), but even our group's one roadie on a carbon hardtail survived with only a few scratches.

Just wait until you get here and the hypoxia tries to murder you on your first ride.
Aren't there any trails on the flatlands east of the front range? I think I'll stick to those, Florida-style. :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
thanks guys. luckily, nothing broken. just a big ass bruise, and a contusion on my lung. I guess that makes me a giant pvssy for going to the ER for nothing but a big bruise... eh well, at least I got a script for percocet! that stuff shure helped me get through the night. I can breathe normally today, which is nice.

StiHacka, heal up soon too... I wonder who's gonna be back on the bike first!?
Probably a good move just in case, especially with your freedom hating health care.

Buddy of our crashed last year and clearly broke a couple ribs.
Got him to the truck then cajoled him into driving another shuttle.
He didn't look so good when we met back up so we sat him in an icy river, fed him beers and a cocktail of painkillers from various packs to get him the 3hrs home with a grin.

Turns out he punctured lung, too, when his wife insisted he hit the ER.
She doesn't like us anymore.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Probably a good move just in case, especially with your freedom hating health care.

Buddy of our crashed last year and clearly broke a couple ribs.
Got him to the truck then cajoled him into driving another shuttle.
He didn't look so good when we met back up so we sat him in an icy river, fed him beers and a cocktail of painkillers from various packs to get him the 3hrs home with a grin.

Turns out he punctured lung, too, when his wife insisted he hit the ER.
She doesn't like us anymore.
Mt bike wives rarely like "us"... :D