Quantcast

Hell has frozen over

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
I'm engaged to be married. Gave her the rock and the question on Saturday.

That is all.

PS-DhGirlie, I do believe I win our bet.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
El Jefe said:

That is all.

Congratulations.

May you have hundreds of children!
:thumb: :D :thumb: :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
A tragic loss to the female population, I'm sure... :think:

:D Congratulations! Hope you had a good celebration this weekend (err, besides the 'obvious' one, I mean).

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
manziman said:
hey, congrats. have fun signing your life away.
I was married once before and swore I'd never do it again. Hell, I was a bit of a man-whore for a while and had a great time not being committed to anything longer than an evening. I found the one I want and my mind changed completely. Go figure.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
El Jefe said:
I was married once before and swore I'd never do it again. Hell, I was a bit of a man-whore for a while and had a great time not being committed to anything longer than an evening. I found the one I want and my mind changed completely. Go figure.
Well then! Welcome to the "Second Time's a Charm" club!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
This marriage thing must be contageous.

Congratulations! My you have many happy years together!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
El Jefe said:

Im in the same boat albeit w/o the man-whore part.

It's freakin RAD huh?

Congrats my man!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
El Jefe said:

That is all.

Getting married just to win a bet? Damn, remind me never to compete in anything with you...

congrats jefe, opp must be shedding a tear. :p

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
manziman said:
no no, jerky, i'm happy for the kid. more power to him.
Kid? I'll be 36 in June. Now, the bride to be, she's 23.
:thumb:
H8R said:
Congratulations.

May you have hundreds of children!
:thumb: :D :thumb: :D
Umm, since I had a vasectomy over a year ago, that's going to be tough.... Actually, I may get a reversal in few years. Wow, never thought I'd say that! Whoops, too much info...sorry.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Heidi said:
Woohoo - congrats Jeff!

Hey Heidi! Now that you've recruited half of my SoCal riding friends to come live with you in Oregon, Trish (that'd be her name) and I plan to head up that way in the next few weeks / couple months. I'll definitely get in touch and we can get together for a beer or four.

BTW- no, she doesn't ride yet, but saw a dh race video and immediately said, "I want to do that!" Sweet. She also keeps bugging me to have me teach her to ride moto.

For those interested, I pulled perhaps the gayest proposal possible. I picked her up from work just after sunset and went to the beach, where some friends were having an all day party. I'd stashed a poem I wrote for her, with the edges frayed and torn, in a wine bottle that I'd artificially "aged." I asked her to take a walk with me on the beach.

Just 2 minutes prior, I sent a friend out with bottle in hand. He placed it in a pre-determined spot right at the edge of the water. Knowing the tide was coming in, I had about 7 minutes to get to the spot before the bottle was picked up and moved, which would have made it a little tough to find. Luckily, we made it down the beach just as water was lapping around the sides of the bottle. I asked, "what's that?" as if it had just washed in from parts unknown, and then picked up the bottle. I handed it to her.

She got the paper from inside it and read the poem. The last line read, "I've but one thing to ask...." as she read it, I knelt down, pulled the ring box from my pocket, opened it and then said some goofy romantic crap and asked her to marry me. Upon our return, I had champagne and roses ready for her, and my daughter came up to her and said, "hey Trish, you're going to be my wicked stepmother! Cool!"

Hmm, after recounting the proposal, I think I need to leave now and go do something crude and manly like fart and ride moto.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
El Jefe said:
You are a dog! My wife just turned 28 and I used to feel like an evil lecher sometimes....but you are WAY worse. What Bravo Sierra did you feed her to make her say yes- that the laws of probability did not favor her chances of later landing a 'bigger guy' if she turned you down? ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
That's awesome. Makes me want to get married and divorced just so I can do it better the second time.

Ok, not really. But still, good job! Congrats!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
El Jefe said:
Hey Heidi! Now that you've recruited half of my SoCal riding friends to come live with you in Oregon, Trish (that'd be her name) and I plan to head up that way in the next few weeks / couple months. I'll definitely get in touch and we can get together for a beer or four.

BTW- no, she doesn't ride yet, but saw a dh race video and immediately said, "I want to do that!" Sweet. She also keeps bugging me to have me teach her to ride moto.

For those interested, I pulled perhaps the gayest proposal possible. I picked her up from work just after sunset and went to the beach, where some friends were having an all day party. I'd stashed a poem I wrote for her, with the edges frayed and torn, in a wine bottle that I'd artificially "aged." I asked her to take a walk with me on the beach.

Just 2 minutes prior, I sent a friend out with bottle in hand. He placed it in a pre-determined spot right at the edge of the water. Knowing the tide was coming in, I had about 7 minutes to get to the spot before the bottle was picked up and moved, which would have made it a little tough to find. Luckily, we made it down the beach just as water was lapping around the sides of the bottle. I asked, "what's that?" as if it had just washed in parts unknown, and then picked up the bottle. I handed it to her.

She got the paper from inside it and read the poem. The last line read, "I've but one thing to ask...." as she read it, I knelt down, pulled the ring box from my pocket, opened it and then said some goofy romantic crap and asked her to marry me. Upon our return, I had champagne and roses ready for her, and my daughter came up to her and said, "hey Trish, you're going to be my wicked stepmother! Cool!"

Hmm, after recounting the proposal, I think I need to leave now and go do something crude and manly like fart and ride moto.

Props for creativity but........very very gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

At least you didn't do it on the Jumbo-Tron at Dodger Stadium or something.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Congrats - as for the idiot buzz killer with corn rows...grow up and hope you could be so lucky. You may want to get a haircut first tho..white kids with cornrows look look complete asshats.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Transcend said:
Congrats - as for the idiot buzz killer with corn rows...grow up and hope you could be so lucky. You may want to get a haircut first tho..white kids with cornrows look look complete asshats.
Don't think you are any better than him. Judging someone due to the hairstyle they sport for their given race is pretty lame. I am Indian. Maybe I am an asshat for having dreadlocks.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Metal said:
Don't think you are any better than him. Judging someone due to the hairstyle they sport for their given race is pretty lame. I am Indian. Maybe I am an asshat for having dreadlocks.
Cornrows shmornrows, he was straight up RUDE to someone who was making an announcement about something happy and important in their life.

The fact that he sports "rowz" has nothing to do with it.

It's like if you came on here and announced that you were going to be a father, and someone pipes up with, "Great, have fun throwing your life away on that kid."

Sounds pretty lame huh?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
H8R said:
Cornrows shmornrows, he was straight up RUDE to someone who was making an announcement about something happy and important in their life.

The fact that he sports "rowz" has nothing to do with it.

It's like if you came on here and announced that you were going to be a father, and someone pipes up with, "Great, have fun throwing your life away on that kid."

Sounds pretty lame huh?
ok, i think you guys are throwin what i said out of proportion. truely i'm happy for the guy for getting married. like I said earlier, more power to him and congrats. If you thought I was being rude, tough. granted i'm not the best conversationalist, but i mean well. so, sorry if i came off the wrong way, but hey, the intentions are there.

Transcend said:
meh, you're just an a-hole.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Metal said:
You know damn well it has nothing to do with his race; Cornrows look dumb on anyone.

And having him piss on someone's MARRIAGE parade is in REALLY poor taste.

No thread jacking this one - again, congrats. 23! ha. :devil:

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Transcend said:
You know damn well it has nothing to do with his race; Cornrows look dumb on anyone.

And having him piss on someone's MARRIAGE parade is in REALLY poor taste.

No thread jacking this one - again, congrats. 23! ha. :devil:
I just get rubbed the wrong way when people use race unnecessarily to describe someone.

I thought Bo Derek looked good with cornrows.

Jeff, congrats on getting hitched for the second time. When I am healed up I will have to ride moto with you. Got myself a YZ250f a month or so ago.

Edit: 23?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
binary visions said:
He bagged himself some fresh young thing right out of college. You know, get 'em before they're STD-ridden and bitter ;)
Well, perhaps I was hasty. Despite the HUGE age difference, at least he waited until she finished school. I spent most Fridays-Mondays as the unofficial 5th roomie at my now-wife's on campus all girl townhouse for her junior and senior years- right after her 21st birthday. :drool: Hmmmmmmmmm...but on second thought, he's still the biggest dog. When you multiply the age difference by the the divorced factor and add 10 points for already having a kid, the man should be ashamed of himself for taking out of circulation an apparently educated young lassie who is likely to be a looker, as well. :nope:

Any questionably work-safe pics of the blushing bride-to-be? :devil:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
llkoolkeg said:
Well, perhaps I was hasty. Despite the HUGE age difference, at least he waited until she finished school. I spent most Fridays-Mondays as the unofficial 5th roomie at my now-wife's on campus all girl townhouse for her junior and senior years- right after her 21st birthday. :drool: Hmmmmmmmmm...but on second thought, he's still the biggest dog. When you multiply the age difference by the the divorced factor and add 10 points for already having a kid, the man should be ashamed of himself for taking out of circulation an apparently educated young lassie who is likely to be a looker, as well. :nope:

Any questionably work-safe pics of the blushing bride-to-be? :devil:
My vote is for the definately not work safe pics. :devil:

Sanjay: wasn't a fan of her in the cornrows either, sorry dude. Now the kid n play high tops...woo woo. I'll rock one of those. :sneaky:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
El Jefe said:

That is all.

congrats!
bump this up to be with golgi's post.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
El Jefe said:

got me beat! im 28, she's 22. but you knew that.

dude- we need to meet for a brew- got a place in aliso that does free pool on weds....and about 30 beers on tap.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
23, huh? No wonder I can't find anyone my age. All the guys that are already established are luring the girls MY AGE away. It's probably a silly question, but don't you find yourself condescending down to her level for an intellectual conversation? Judging how educated and wise you must be in your mid thirties, I would think that someone with the life experience and education of a 23 year old would be rather... tedious. If not, great! Just curious.

I'm white, and IMO, corn rows on black people look good, but not on most other races. Gold jewelry also looks much better on black people than on white people. Why is it so wrong to match a hairstyle with a race? Or even point out the "race factor" at all? Too much PC crap... most black people have very similar (dark curly) hair, so why not embrace what hairstyle works for you (no Manziman, I'm not telling you to embrace corn rows)?