Quantcast

Hell yeah! Screw Pedaling!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
https://www.revopower.com/

I can finally race XC again!

With the world becoming more dependent on cars and in reality becoming more lazy, we are turning into couch potatoes. Don’t get us wrong, the Wheel is not meant to be an exercise alternative, but to be a way for people to get out and do something. Our hope is that people will be more inclined to join their husband or wife on that Sunday ride because now they can keep up, hopefully pedaling at times but having the option to use the motor. The definition of exercise is in the eye of the beholder. We just hope to see more people outside and saving the world, one car at a time!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
jdcamb said:
:rofl:

The prototypes we are working with now weigh between 12 and 15 pounds (5.5 to 7 kilograms), but after production weight will decrease. Because the weight is balanced within the hub of the front wheel, normal bicycle operation and feel are unaffected.
1/2 the weight of a cheap XC bike in the front wheel.

SWEET!

We all know, if you want to save weight on a bike, don't worry about the wheels.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Whatever. Im getting one of those and never gonna pedal again. Screw you guys.

EDIT: I wonder if they got a 20mm thru axle. This thing could be its OWN shuttle for DH runs.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Pretty cool.
Mr. HONDA had an idea back in the day & now look at his company..
I subscribe to Popular Mechanics magazine.Probably an article might be in there at some point ?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
This quote
With the world becoming more dependent on cars and in reality becoming more lazy, we are turning into couch potatoes. Don’t get us wrong, the Wheel is not meant to be an exercise alternative, but to be a way for people to get out and do something. Our hope is that people will be more inclined to join their husband or wife on that Sunday ride because now they can keep up, hopefully pedaling at times but having the option to use the motor. The definition of exercise is in the eye of the beholder. We just hope to see more people outside and saving the world, one car at a time!
just made me do a BurleyShirley avatar.