Quantcast

hello and attention greensboro/triange riders

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
Hi my name is Justin Collins, from Mt. Airy NC. I live about 1 and 15 minutes from greensboro. I was at Country Park a couple of weeks ago riding my singlespeed when I met some really cool riders I think one guy was named Brent, Brett, sorry I am horrible w/ names and I apologize in advance.. My brother also works at College video and I went upstairs and met the guy at Recycles etc. This is my question. My best friend and I have a bike/skate shop here in Mt. Airy and we are wanting to make a DVD of North Carolina freeriders etc. There will be no bike shop politics involved just want to capture some of NC's best on film etc. Just wondering if it would be cool to organize a weekend day and come out and film some of you at the jumps at Country Park. We will be trying to capture some of western NC's best as well, just want to try to get everyone involved. May sound like a dumb idea but my brother and his boss at College video in Gboro can help make this a reality. I would like for Recycles to be involved as well. Anyway just seeing what you guys think of the idea, if it is stupid please feel free, but I feel it can help bring some attention to some very deserving riders etc. later on, Justin C.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
hellz yeah! My name is Mike. I work at another bike shop in G-boro. We've probably met. Can you make it to Re:Cycles at 7:00-7:30ish tonight? We will all be meeting there discussing a future road trip. Then we will ride. But that is a good time to meet all of us. Merritt is going to be sooooo stoked on this!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Does anyone know if there's still a plan for a grand opening at CP? If thats still on It'd be a great time to film out there. If not, Justino what works for you? If you give us enough advance warning I think we can pretty much get enough people out there for there to be a pretty decent camera sesh.

The whole NC video idea is pretty sweet i think. the only problem you may run into is that some of the things we ride dont really exist if you know what I mean...

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
Awesome guys, Thanks for the input. Believe me I know about trails not existing and that will be no problem. We don't have to mention to many names as far as trails just so we keep things available to the riders in the future. I am stoked on this idea just because no one ever thinks of NC when it comes to freeride, Dirt Jumping, Agressive all mountain XC, Trails, Downhill etc. and I have witnessed it and others know that lots of riders in NC are freakin' amazing and normally would never been seen etc.

I will post on here a couple of weeks in advance one weekend when I am going to be in Gboro and the Triangle Area and when I can have the cameras there etc. I want this to look amazing. Right on guys and gals, Justin C.

PS. if Merritt(recycles) or anyone else sees this that can help you can call Jason at Boneshaker Cycles and Skates 336-789-8800 and we can start hammering out details of when to organize rides and film days etc. Also if people have great footage already shot we can most likely use it. Later on!

Hey Justin, that's a really cool idea, and I'm glad you were able to track us down...you should have no lack of material, there are soo many rad riders in NC.

I suspected you were drowned in the thunderstorm that day at the park...

-Brent

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
yeah hahaha I sure did. I came back and finally got over the teeter! then went and tried to do the jumps haha the singlespeed is no good for that kind of stuff, well atleast mine isn't the geometry is way to XC. my Iron Horse mk3 expert would be much better, but I still couldn't hit them like you guys!!! Regardless railing the berms is goodtimes for me, we have nothing like that here to ride so it was a new expierence! but long story short, I went back into the trail to ride the last bit out of the park and as soon as I hit the greenway at the end of the trail it let loose!!! hahaha I was a soaked puppy, but hey I met you guys so it was a good day!!

I rode w/ Jason Hooks at the Burn 24hr race at Dark Mtn. He and I were in the solo class together. I don't know if any of you have met him yet but he did the huge gap jump (30 some feet is what I was told) at PeeWee's Freeride contest. Rides a SC bullit w/a monter T on it. Anyway he and then seeing the pics from the Jumps at Country Park and seeing pics from riders in Raleigh etc sparked this idea. So it is really you guys the gutsy riders that are making this happen haha, I just love riding and wished I could do what you guys do so I am gonna use this as an excuse to hang out and learn!!! hahaha later on, Justin

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
santacruzed said:
we have a couple skilled freeriders in hickory

you dont say? :p

uhhhhhhh justin you may want to get in touch with a guy named dolby, i think he is on here. he has been working on an NC video for a while (maybe its a southeast video). i am in asheville and go to G'boro every ocne in a wahile so lemme know when. Not that i ride well enough but whatever.

i should also suggest you come out this way to the Swannanoa dirt jumps.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
There is some pretty good stuff out in the triangle too.
Places like chhs (estes) Legend Park, Atlantic Avenue, Tar River and such. :cool:

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
I talked to Blake today (the video guy) and he said that he is going to talk to some guy named Will who does a ton of BMX videos and even does stuff for HBO etc. He is in Brazil right now etc. so we are going to wait for him to return and then start setting everything up etc. It may take ahwile to get this all together and stuff, but I had to make sure the riders were into it before any of it could happen haha. Hard to make a video/documentry w/out anyone to film etc. Craziness, I played drums in hardcore bands before I started to ride bikes haha. It is funny how it starts to take over your life in a way. Now I just play drums w/ members of Beloved in a band called Advent, Joe the drummer of Beloved just sings up front and I play drums before that I was in a band called Bloodjinn(just in case any of you have ever heard of or seen either, this way you may can put a face to me etc.) hahahaha.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
justino said:
Now I just play drums w/ members of Beloved in a band called Advent, Joe the drummer of Beloved just sings up front and I play drums
Sweet! I loved Beloved and I was really bummed when they broke up, especially sense I missed the last show when i live 10 min from it (damn sold out shows) I think I heard something about Advent, I definetly need to check you guys out. Your more Hardcore than Failure On right?

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
yeah Advent is way more harder than Failure on. It is way heavier. Kind of reminds me of 98 era hardcore like Turmoil and For the love of. Great stuff. Joe is a great front man. I am happy to be playin' w/ them. wooooo. later on, Justin

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
we'll def have to hook up. i used to promote shows for project 86, POD (before they were signed), squad 50, EDL, -facedown records-, .rod laver...........when i lived in san diego. i just never had the time to get back into the scene when i moved out here but i'd love to start hitting up some shows again.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I just checked some of your stuff out on purevolume (at least I think it was you...) It sounds really good, Im not a huge fan of full blown hardcore, but you guys are definetly some of best I've heard (much better than a lot of the local trash who think grunting into a microphone is hardcore) Do you guys have a website? I wanna come to a show!

justino

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
at the moment we don't have a website. I think we are playing the last weekend of June in G-boro. One night is w/ The Chariot and then another is w/ Origin(which really isn't my cup of tea) but it will be fun none the less, when I get the exact dates I will post on here and let ya know. Later on,Justin