Quantcast

Hello everyone...

ryzman

Chimp
Aug 23, 2011
Back in April of this year i decided that it would be in my best interest to park my truck and get into riding again. I save on gas and parking as the school i attend likes to really stick it to us if we park in the parking lot. The ability for me to ride my bike right up to the front door of most of my classes is really a great thing. anyhoey...
so I have a commuter 29er. Its a 2010 Redline Monocog 29er and honestly i love it to death. such a great bike.
Ive been using schwalbe big apples since the beginning with a really crappy 42t chainring and 16t rear cog. love the gearing on the bike but some issues have come up with the bottom bracket.
needless to say upgrades are in order....
so far im looking at shimano slx double crankset (converted to single speed) which ive heard are excellent cranks
2010 avid bb7s with bb5 levers, excellent reviews and they are cheap...
fsa the pig dh pro headset, have to replace the stock cane creek... its really bad...
and some decent grips... Ergon GP1 Bio Cork Grips
these items are in my shopping cart at several online stores waiting to be checked out....
i was also thinking about powdercoating the frame and fork as i would like to remove the old v-brake hangers and i could pick a really ugly color so the bike would be less likely to get ripped off...
best part of this bike is i can really beat on it in street mode and set it up for offroad use very easily...
if i ever replace the monocog it will be with a 1x9 29er but for now im totally sold on the single speed big tire bikes...
ryz