Quantcast

hello from frigid finland

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
helsinki is a cool place, but i would like to visit it when there's more than 6.5 hr of daylight and not so cold. that said, today was about the only cold day really (19F, 6F windchill). the people are pretty nice, the food is great, the women are very attractive and i managed to see soundtrack of our lives last night at some club. nice one!

i hope the monkey hasn't missed me too much. ;)

ps - finnish keyboards have fun symbols like § ¤ € ö ä Å ¨

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
i never take pictures of random people. too intrusive, at least for my 4x lens.
Look, if you can't take pictures, then nobody cares.

Please delete this thread.

;) Hope you're taking lots of other pictures, anyway, to share when you get back!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
N8, since you are a fearless lensman unduly affected by being rude to complete strangers, please post the best photos of this kind you have taken.

BV, i will have some photos up in a few days. i've probably taken 50 or so, so hopefully there will be some good ones.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
All the Scandanavian countries have women who are almost un-human in the beauty dept. It must be all that hard liqor and meth.

:think:

I just remebered a terrible yet brilliant pun a bandmate said while we were on tour in Stockholm. He thought of this off the top of his head while eating a pastry for breakfast. (said in a cheesy Scandanavian accent):

"Man, dehrz Nor-way I can Finnish dis Danish, it's too Sveet-ish."

:rolleyes:

H8R said:
I just remebered a terrible yet brilliant pun a bandmate said while we were on tour in Stockholm. He thought of this off the top of his head while eating a pastry for breakfast. (said in a cheesy Scandanavian accent):

"Man, dehrz Nor-way I can Finnish dis Danish, it's too Sveet-ish."

:rolleyes:
:blah: Please wash your mouth out with soap, then ban yourself for life.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat, i am back. long day of travel yesterday. left 4PM helsinki time, got home to bed at about 6AM helsinki time (11PM here). :dead:

great trip though. i'll get some photos up later on.

and yes, it was a business trip (we were doing equipment testing on an autoclave we bought).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
Yes, Poland has AMAZING women.
:thumb:

i married one (well, half-polish, anyway).

gotta say that scandanavian rules, one again, in the woman dept. i gotta check out norway and iceland to make sure they keep to the impressive standard set by denmark, sweden and finland.