Quantcast

Hello. It's Monday. How are you?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

This time last year people were getting "talked to" for having literally 1 minute of OT. Now we're being "asked" if we're willing to put in 13-14 hour days to cover man power shortages.

LOL, how about "no".

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Taught in front of 40 students today. No masks as we are encouraged to not wear them during lecturing because we should not "scare" the students. Let us see how scared they will be if they figure out that my colleague, who gives the lecture on Thursday, tested positive end of last week and still has symptoms today. He thinks he is fit by Thursday for in person, so my suggestion to move his teaching online was not addressed yet. :rolleyes:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Basking in the schadenfreude of occupying truckers getting indignant at the cops as they confiscate supplies (food and fuel) and take down the makeshift camps: "I can't believe you're doing this to us, we're fighting for YOUR freedumb".

Day 3 of everyone at home. But day 1 of home schooling while trying to work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

CrabJoe insisted he didnt need help getting the old dryer out of our basement, up a flight of stairs, and through 3 doorways. To his credit, he got the job done, riding the struggle bus the whole way. :rofl:

HVAC guys are at the house. They'll be installing the heat pump, line sets, and electrical sub-panel today, with the gas furnace and tanks being dome tomorrow.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

CrabJoe insisted he didnt need help getting the old dryer out of our basement, up a flight of stairs, and through 3 doorways. To his credit, he got the job done, riding the struggle bus the whole way. :rofl:

HVAC guys are at the house. They'll be installing the heat pump, line sets, and electrical sub-panel today, with the gas furnace and tanks being dome tomorrow.
what did you end up going with for heating and AC?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
been trying to court a fella with a well priced TT bike up in NH. It's an hour, hour and a half drive for me, so a three hour round trip to NH, which I don't really want to do. I asked if he ever comes south so we could meet somewhere convenient in between. his response- "I'm retired, I never head south." Alright well let me figure out how I can take a half day to drive into NH to pick up your old bike between my job, family, and social responsibilities....lel. Maybe next weekend? haha

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
3-ton heat pump for heat/AC. Propane furnace w/ 2, 120 gallon aboveground tanks out back.

Hopefully none. He still has to help me lug the 300 lb vanity up the stairs. :D
Interesting. Is the heat pump a mini split, or something else? I'm always pondering options to get off oil.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
been trying to court a fella with a well priced TT bike up in NH. It's an hour, hour and a half drive for me, so a three hour round trip to NH, which I don't really want to do. I asked if he ever comes south so we could meet somewhere convenient in between. his response- "I'm retired, I never head south." Alright well let me figure out how I can take a half day to drive into NH to pick up your old bike between my job, family, and social responsibilities....lel. Maybe next weekend? haha
These are the kind of posts I missed around here.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Interesting. Is the heat pump a mini split, or something else? I'm always pondering options to get off oil.
Do you have forced hot air now? We do, so the heat pump outside works with an air handler inside to pump to pump heat/AC through the current ductwork. No units on the wall, no line sets running along the exterior of the house. Depending upon what year your house was built you may even be able to get away with a heat pump alone for heating and cooling.

I wanted to get off of oil too. Still burning fuel with propane, but thats preferable in my mind to oil.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got power in the basement apartment. New ceiling lights look great. The best Ikea had to offer. Tennant left food in the freezer of the fridge that has not been hooked up for a month. That was not smart. Got it out before the nasty smell spread too much. Still need a new fridge though anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Got power in the basement apartment. New ceiling lights look great. The best Ikea had to offer. Tennant left food in the freezer of the fridge that has not been hooked up for a month. That was not smart. Got it out before the nasty smell spread too much. Still need a new fridge though anyway.
You are lucky. When my MIL went to clean out her parents house, her sister had left food in the garage fridge that hadn't had power for 1.5 years. It was a putrid, maggoty mess in there. Like, door opened, black goo came pouring out.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
you know what would have made it even easier?

View attachment 171543
@Adventurous wouldn't be caught dead with the peasanty Makita shit. He probably has 15 Milwaukee grinders in every size, configuration and voltage, all in their respective pack-out boxes.

Ironically, the top and front panels LITERALLY FELL OFF when I plopped it down in the garage.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still no taste, possible smeller starting to smell the smells, Cough is lingering worse than an inlaw. Booking airfare this week.

In other news,

Found a kid in the UK that 3D prints a "card" style enclosure for a disassembled airtag that is half the width for easier and less obscure wallet tracking. Ordered one this morning

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
3-ton heat pump for heat/AC. Propane furnace w/ 2, 120 gallon aboveground tanks out back.

Hopefully none. He still has to help me lug the 300 lb vanity up the stairs. :D
I assume the heat pump will handle all duties until the temp drops below a certain level?