Quantcast

Hello. It's Monday. How are you?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yep, they'll install an Ecobee smart thermostat so I can set what that temp cutover is.
Good choice, 10/10 would install again.

@Sandwich serious response....where in NH is the bike? Depending on where it is, and if you're willing to buy it sight unseen, I might be able to grab it for you. I'm in the Manchester area semi-frequently (Cycles, Etc. is my LBS), so if it's not too far I could be persuaded to get it for you. I need some small bike bits, so was planning to head up there soon anyway. I'm obviously not too far from you when I go to work, which is errrryday.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I am at a loss as to why we're making 38mm singlecrown forks that are heavier and not as stiff as a DC, with higher AC heights to boot.

I'm using a friggin 888 as a trail fork here, guys. Gimmie something lighter...

(maybe I should get my old Manitou Slider back going...hmmmmm. I wonder if a Sherman could fit a 27.5 under the arch.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am at a loss as to why we're making 38mm singlecrown forks that are heavier and not as stiff as a DC, with higher AC heights to boot.

I'm using a friggin 888 as a trail fork here, guys. Gimmie something lighter...

(maybe I should get my old Manitou Slider back going...hmmmmm. I wonder if a Sherman could fit a 27.5 under the arch.)
TuRnInG rAdIuS

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Slept like hell, woken up by a call from the wife as she left for work "my car won't turn on", head downstairs, can't jump it with my spare battery, shit's at 4 volts and won't take a charge either, ballz. I hate modern cars, this will be battery #4 on a 2015, my Taco eats a battery every 3ish years, but my 1993 Benz went the entire 10 years and 200k miles I drove it on the Walmart battery it came with.

Pulled pork last night was legit, but of course I forgot the leftovers in the fridge so I'll probably be stuck with something terrible for lunch, and didn't have time to make espresso either so I'll be acquiring a shitty cup of coffee as well. Shit way to start the week, I should probably start shopping for another 1993 Benz to cheer myself up.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I guess that's why all those Cannondale lefties are so hard to ride.
I am guessing frame compatibility could be an issue especially with carbon frames. You'd think Trek would be all over it with their stupid knock block.
Bit of a chicken-and-egg sitch, though. If appriately-sized DCs were common to use on longer-travel bikes, frame makers would/could account for that in construction. There are really none, so no one needs to.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good choice, 10/10 would install again.

@Sandwich serious response....where in NH is the bike? Depending on where it is, and if you're willing to buy it sight unseen, I might be able to grab it for you. I'm in the Manchester area semi-frequently (Cycles, Etc. is my LBS), so if it's not too far I could be persuaded to get it for you. I need some small bike bits, so was planning to head up there soon anyway. I'm obviously not too far from you when I go to work, which is errrryday.
thanks man. He's in North Hampton, on the coast. I'd be happy to buy it sight unseen- it's a basketcase so as long as the frame isn't cracked then everything else can be replaced (and will have to be assembled). Doesn't seem to be too close to manch-vegas, but if that's an option then let me know. And I know I'm being an idiot by not expecting a dude to drive down to meet me for some back-alley craigslist deal, but it just cracked me up.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
I guess that's why all those Cannondale lefties are so hard to ride.

Bit of a chicken-and-egg sitch, though. If appriately-sized DCs were common to use on longer-travel bikes, frame makers would/could account for that in construction. There are really none, so no one needs to.
Cannondale riders only turn right, everybody knows that.

Anybody ever ride a Bartlett? Tad heavy but otherwise seems like a solid dual crown enduro fork, not enough to push the needle toward DC enduro maybe?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I didn't know that existed. I'd ride it.

In fact I'll probably buy one instead of the Fox 38 I was considering, when the time comes. That's rad. I imagine I might also be able to keep my 35mm flat crowns setup. (ed: Maybe wouldn't need to...)

That arch is bending my mind, though. Why?! I think I'd wrap it with tape lol

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
That arch is bending my mind, though. Why?! I think I'd wrap it with tape lol
Yeah that arch is painful. When I got my TP I was a bit torn between the Help and the Ribbon, that arch definitely helped steer me toward the Helm. I understand it from an engineering perspective, but when I drop $5k on a bike, I can't not care about how it looks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still no taste, possible smeller starting to smell the smells, Cough is lingering worse than an inlaw. Booking airfare this week.

In other news,

Found a kid in the UK that 3D prints a "card" style enclosure for a disassembled airtag that is half the width for easier and less obscure wallet tracking. Ordered one this morning

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I got a filling, my dentist gets a new porsche

also my face is still fucking numb. they gave me an extra shot as it wasn't numb yet, but apparently it just took a little extra time, because now I'm proper fucked. Jesus christ drinking is hard

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Big boss on company wide call 2hrs ago:

"We're not using a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 finger approach. We're using the whole fist"

Bunch of surprised faces in the viewer squares, so I know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind. That probably should have gone through compliance first, like the rest of the presentation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got call re: MIL1's condo yesterday. Closing might be pushed forward from 25th to 15th. She's losing her fucking mind right now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I drove all around the metro area today on errands. Then I did all of my taxes I can do thus far. TurboTax sez the Feds will refund me over $30k.

I'm totally going to get audited, aren't I

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am guessing frame compatibility could be an issue especially with carbon frames. You'd think Trek would be all over it with their stupid knock block.
less frame material, but i believe there's a different standard test that needs to be passed to claim a frame is dual crown compatible.

we're starting to see some enduro-ish bikes that are dual crown rated, new Jekyll, one of the evil bikes, norco shore