Quantcast

hello my name is...

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
bellevue.snoqualmiepass.wa
hows it goin.. ive been lurking for a while on this forum so i figured i might as well register... i work in the park at snoqualmie and mostly snowboard but i dusted off my bike again recently and started riding again... i mostly ride street and as much freeride type terrain as i can on my hardtail. anyway just letting everyone know who i am...

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
hey, cool to have another person here who is new. where do u like to ride, im trying to find some cool new spots but too lazy to look.

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
yes girls are the goodest!!!! well lately ive just been riding st edwards and sst and the leftover trails up at acres... a snowboarder buddy told me about the exits and i went and looked at em and i must say those are some of the most well built trails ive ever seen... i would love to get some pictures of people out there sometime if anyones intrested... as for street... i just ride the eastside and sometimes seattle it depends on if i can find anyone to join me

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
i wish... i could use a more secure job in the summer! building and painting rails only lasts for so long.... i plan on dropping alot of hints to the GM and operations manager this winter that we really need to do something about biking in the summer... what sucks is that we are owned by boothcreek who also owns northstar... so you would think they would do the math and see the potential.. then again its probably some thing thats way out of anybodys control like the forest service not allowing the building of new trails or something lame like that....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
the summit has never used the forest service excuses as far as i know...... It was a lack of growth and insurance....... whatever. Theres plenty of places in the US doing it. Drop some hints if you can. Start a petition (sure thats been done before?). I forgot it was boothcreek that owned the summit. I remember the parent company of N* owning a NW resort, but thought it was crystal (who is actually BOYNE usa, who owns cypress doing chairs this year)

Someone please open their eyes!

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
well from talking to the locals (the people who have worked there since the dawn of time) i guess mr moffet didnt leave a good lasting relationship with the forest service when he sold it to boothcreek..... thats just local gossip though? who knows... im definatly gonna drop hints all winter.... or at least find the real reason as to why they closed down...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Alpentalic, you wouldn't happen to have a snowskate box out front of the scummit Wolf with a variation of your name on it would you??? If so, good to see you biking again. Preston days.

alpentalic

Chimp
Sep 13, 2004
hahah no im not knox.... that bastard took my money the other night though in poker... hes lucky it was his birthday!!!! my names jimmy btw.. if you ride alpental and i dont know you ive probably seen you around..

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I had a friend that worked @ Snocrummy a couple years back. He was led to believe that they stopped running the summer lifts due to 'environmental concerns'. I've been rather po'ed the last 2 summers as I would have bought a season's pass w/o hesitation.
I was hearing rumors about possible Crystal summer lifts in the future. How soon, etc. I couldn't tell.
You would think that w/ the success of a certain place north of us that one of these places would get a clue. Especially Snocrummy - they are at such a low altitude for a ski resort as-is. The summer season would be much longer than the winter season there. Also, with the booming popularity the FR/DH is having, I can only imagine they have already lost out on some serious $$$ potential over the last summer or two.

Jimmy - talked to my bro up at the pass and he's going to keep his eyes open for any housing situations. Sent him your e-mail addy. He's not online alot, so don't think he's snubbing you or anything along those lines.:)