Quantcast

Hello To Everyone

ArK9

Chimp
Aug 21, 2007
Well today I bought my fist real MB (05 Fisher Sugar 4). Bought it for $300.

I have been doing Motocross as a Pro/Am seince I was 4, (won over 32 national championships) So I'm not scared of any of the speed or the jumping, Im actully in Telluride, at the moment but going home to Florida in a few days (big downhill crowd in florida :plthumbsdown: ).

Im looking to upgrade a few things, Right now it is using all the Shimano Decor LX, But first I would like to get a new seat as this one has a few minor rips in it, New tires, Grips, Basic stuff really.

What would you recommend for Seat, Tires, Grips? Im going to be wanting to use it for the gnarly'st downhill stuff I can find.. I am only 16 so its really only the ski resorts are.

We where in jackson hole 2 days ago, now Telluride.

Thanks for any advice, I will be reading around here for a while now.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Well today I bought my fist real MB (05 Fisher Sugar 4). Bought it for $300.

I have been doing Motocross as a Pro/Am seince I was 4, (won over 32 national championships) So I'm not scared of any of the speed or the jumping, Im actully in Telluride, at the moment but going home to Florida in a few days (big downhill crowd in florida :plthumbsdown: ).

Im looking to upgrade a few things, Right now it is using all the Shimano Decor LX, But first I would like to get a new seat as this one has a few minor rips in it, New tires, Grips, Basic stuff really.

What would you recommend for Seat, Tires, Grips? Im going to be wanting to use it for the gnarly'st downhill stuff I can find.. I am only 16 so its really only the ski resorts are.

We where in jackson hole 2 days ago, now Telluride.

Thanks for any advice, I will be reading around here for a while now.
Seat: WTB saddles are pretty comfy and they have a wide selection to choose from. Google em...I run the Laser V Ti model on my bikes (from roadie to dh rigs)

Tires: I'm not sure what the largest diameter is that you can fit in that bike, but Kenda makes very good tires for trail riding and dh. They also have a very wide variety to choose from.

Grips: ODI Lock-ons. No slippage, easy to get on and off when doing maintenance to shifters and brakes. They rule.

I know FL won't have any DH like Whistler or Colorado, but I'm guessing you'll find the limit of that bike very quickly. Ride the crap out of it. Grab a few upgrades like you mentioned that you can then tranfer over to a new bike once the current one is thrased. :monkeydance:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I will second the recommendations of the WTB Seats (my husband likes the rocket Vs and I run the Team She-Vs); ODI grips rock...we don't run anything else! and, I too like Kenda tires. I am currently running some DH Kinetics in Stick-E, but have also had luck with the Blue Groove/Nevegal combo as well.

Not sure about the DH scene in FL, but I know there are places to ride lots of stunts and jumps so enjoy!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
There's a few Floridians here. I'm an ex-FL (from Miami to Boca).

I hear Quiet Waters Park got toasted and is now nearly finished being rebuilt. Markham Park's got some solid trails.

Wait, maybe you're not in SFL?

ArK9

Chimp
Aug 21, 2007
Well I am from Fort Myers, About an hour south of Tampa.

I bought some ODI grip's (love them)

I got a flat today so looks like im going to the bike store in Vegas (any one from vegas?) I will be getting a seat there, im not quite sure which one yet.

About tires I just bought some shop tires, for now they will work fine.

I am going to try and find somthing to ride around my home.