Quantcast

"HELLOOOO" could that smiley banner be any more annoying?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Dude! I completely concur! I had to turn my volume all the way down because I was getting tired of hearing "HELLO... HELLO" everytime a new screen popped up! That crap has got to go!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
especially when it is late and you cant sleep and trying to be quite and not wake anyone. the damn mouse seems to keep hitting it

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
After last weeks debacle, donations are completely out of the question:rolleyes:

I thought you had to walk a straight and narrow line because the advertisers pay the bill, so why donate anyways? It's just a forum... which come a dime a dozen these days.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
oh yeah, i totally agree ... so many great bike forums to choose from, pinkbike, mtbr, etc, etc... :rolleyes:

you really haven't been around here long enough to be copping an attitude. or to appreciate it.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
corey_dcstreet said:
you really haven't been around here long enough to be copping an attitude.

Actually, he has been around for years interacting with various members of RM. But last Spring he was kicked off for licking the bottom of his bike and because of that he had to create a new name

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a standard time period one must geek out on here before voicing an opinion. :rolleyes:

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
sirknight6 said:
What hello? What voice....what the hell are ya'll talking about?

:rolleyes:
Ditto, am I crazy for not hearing it? Or are ya'll crazy for hearing it?:think: hmmmm......
Just an aside, those of you who are seeing/hearing it, what web brousers are you using, I use Mozilla and have extensions to block lots of advertisers.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Using Moz Firefox, at home, and I just realized I don't see it. I usually come on here at work, and I have to use IE there.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mud'n'sweat said:
After last weeks debacle, donations are completely out of the question:rolleyes:

I thought you had to walk a straight and narrow line because the advertisers pay the bill, so why donate anyways? It's just a forum... which come a dime a dozen these days.

I see your point (although I don't know what last weeks debacle was) but I disagree. Yes, the advertisers pay part of the bill, but whats $20 for somthing I use everyday. I have learned a LOT and met a lot of cool riders on the site, and to me, the $20 is totally worth it to go toward the cause.

Corey brings up a good point as well, Pinkbike and MTBR, which are the other two big forums, are a joke. There are quite a few small local forums, CCVA, DCStreet, etc. but as far as a large forum with lots of people who know what they are talking about, Ridemonkey is where its at