Quantcast

Helmet cam + Dirt lads = awesomeness.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
It was cool looking. A different view for sure. I have seen it done before. I think it was Sam at Ft. William.

I liked it, it is different. However I liked the other camera more. You can't even really tell what is going on compared to a normal view. I can tell he is manualing, and jumping, but you miss out on all the style, and what he is really riding on.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
It was cool looking. A different view for sure. I have seen it done before. I think it was Sam at Ft. William.
I think you are mistaking this for Sam's
which is fixed.

Did you notice the Dirt one spun around? That makes it kinda cool in my books.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That was pretty awesome having it move around. I bet with some more tweaking they could make it move a little slower and look a little more clean. Maybe even have its movement limited to certrain directions for some shots.

But damn that was SWEET!

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Jacobs and co. from the Mudcows series have had one of these rigs, or at least one that did the same thing, for years now. Check out some of the 'Chosen Line' series and you should be able to see it being used somewhere.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
A mate of mine here in Morzine is an importer of helmet cams. He has been chatting to these boys and is getting some of these rigged up for use out here. Apparently the boom is not too long and will be fine for general riding.

I can't wait for a proper DH run view. I'll definitely be doing some. I'll post 'em up too.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Awsome! JEEZ, would kill to have such a track here at home... Looks flowy and fast.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm gonna puke.

I agree with the post above, if they slowed it down a bit then it would be a bit more enjoyable to watch.

Good to see that other ideas are coming out though.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Can't remember the who/when/where of it all but a couple of seasons back there was a guy posting videos from somewhere in the Alps that were shot with a camera mounted to a model helicopter. Speed and control wise it seemed perfect but it will be interesting to see how a model plane goes, cool idea.