Quantcast

Helmet Cam of the Extra Crispy 4X Track (Chalk Creek Stampede)

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Look good! Though I do wonder if the inside pedally roller option instead of the big double little double would be faster since there are two flat corners after the doubles?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ah you think you know so much eh? ;)

There's more cornering going into the roller line, and after the pedally rollers are a couple of flat turns as well... we did this for two reasons: one is that line WAS faster by a bike legth or two and we wanted them to be pretty equal, but help promote some passing and such. The second reason is the flat turns are set up to make the merge back into the last turn more parallel so as to avoid collisions and such.

We were thinking, I promise. We'll see how she races! I think it'll be a hoot, but if it doesn't work like we planned we'll fix it for next year. Always trying to improve things, that's what we're all about.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
for some reason it made me kind of nauseous haha.

Cool video, wish I could have been there :)
Yeah, helmet cams kind of do that to me too, but I wanted to get the word out that we made a bunch of changes to the track... the light was pretty flat so it's a little hard to see the features, but hopefully everyone gets stoked on coming out to the race!

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
so the line to the right is suppose to be the pro line right?
if not i take this back but if it is the pro-line i think that they should make it a lot bigger so only pros can hit so it hold up the pro line name.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
so the line to the right is suppose to be the pro line right?
Hey man, don't be a hater! :)

No it's not supposed to be a "pro line", although it DID start out bigger and got dubbed the "pro line" at first, but now it's not really pro only nor is it so big that only the pros will hit it. In the end it wound up simply a different line in the bottom section - a more jumpy line than the other way around which is more pedally. I figure different riders will be faster or slower on the two lines depending on what their strengths are.

Our intention from the beginning of the re-design was to offer more options for passing, not to create a "pro" anything. We're predicting that there will be opportunity to pass in that section, but hey we won't know until we race it!

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Good work, options and passing are both great ideas.
Have to say I was a little disappointed in the video. I thought things would be much more of a blur at the speed of Coop. He must've been going intentionally slow...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Meh, whatya gonna do with completely overcast skies and a helmet cam that plugs in to a digital still camera? We'll see you guys there this weekend!

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
Hey man, don't be a hater! :)

No it's not supposed to be a "pro line", although it DID start out bigger and got dubbed the "pro line" at first, but now it's not really pro only nor is it so big that only the pros will hit it. In the end it wound up simply a different line in the bottom section - a more jumpy line than the other way around which is more pedally. I figure different riders will be faster or slower on the two lines depending on what their strengths are.
oh ok :busted:
thats going to make racing this weekend pretty intresting to watch