Quantcast

helmet cameras???

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
i'm gona be geting a helmit cam some time soon and was just looking for some opinions! i would like it to have it's own memory so i don't have to put a my big camera in my backpack. i've seen one at sst where it had it's own flat screen/memory, it was about the same size as an i-pod.

here is the link to the one i found but you still have to plug it into a regular camera for storage(memory).

http://www.twenty20camera.com/helmetcamera.php

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The only way to get quality video is with a camera and a helmet cam. The Samsung is ok but the clarity is not that great.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
you plug it into a camcorder which acts as the recording deck. not memory....unless you have a camcorder that records onto disk i suppose.

if you want to see the twenty20 in person, REI downtown sells them at the cycle shop counter.

also, look into viosport.com to learn more about the whole helmet cam thing.

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
ryan/kona29 said:
i'm gona be geting a helmit cam some time soon and was just looking for some opinions! i would like it to have it's own memory so i don't have to put a my big camera in my backpack. i've seen one at sst where it had it's own flat screen/memory, it was about the same size as an i-pod.

here is the link to the one i found but you still have to plug it into a regular camera for storage(memory).

http://www.twenty20camera.com/helmetcamera.php

hey ryan, are you reffering to the one i had awhile ago?

that was a good setup except that the video skipped every three seconds..:mumble:

i switched to just a small camcorder and it works great.. no matter what your going to have to carry a backpack.

-Dan

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
Dan89 said:
hey ryan, are you reffering to the one i had awhile ago?

that was a good setup except that the video skipped every three seconds..:mumble:

i switched to just a small camcorder and it works great.. no matter what your going to have to carry a backpack.

-Dan
ya that was you....thats exactlly what i want!!!!! i've got a camera i just need a helmet cam and the other stuff! what did that cost you?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
723 NE northlake way seattle 98105.

If you know where Recycled Cycles is, then you just go one block west from there and as soon as you go under the eastlake/roosavelt bridge you take your very first left (sharp almost 180' left down a dirt road/driveway). it's right on the water. There's a bus stop across the street, and a teriaki place on the same side of the street as fluidride.