Quantcast

Helmet-cams

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
I would like to start filming some of the trails I ride in the future and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what kind of camera would be the best to attach to my helmet. I have a digital camera of my own but I doubt it would work (a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS)...I can rent better cameras at the technology center at my school. Any information would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
The best option would be a GoPro. They are made to attach to the helmet, bike, body, etc.. and come with multiple types of mounts, a sturdy protective case, and have incredible picture and sound quality. Check them out at www.gopro.com I wouldn't take a camera from school or anywhere else I didn't own down a trail if it wasn't designed for it...way too much liability there.

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
The best option would be a GoPro. They are made to attach to the helmet, bike, body, etc.. and come with multiple types of mounts, a sturdy protective case, and have incredible picture and sound quality. Check them out at www.gopro.com I wouldn't take a camera from school or anywhere else I didn't own down a trail if it wasn't designed for it...way too much liability there.
Damn...and I just got a digital camera for my birthday last month :mad: lol. If I heard about this before, I would have definitely saved my money. Hmm...I might be able to splurge $299 on a GoPro helmet cam :D