Quantcast

Helmet Ejection System...

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
question is, do most of the EMTs at the bottom of the mountain have the inflation tools for the system? i know at any MX track they do...

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
I saw this in August I believe. I meant to get one and install in my moto helmet, but was injured in a freak parking lot accident and didn't get a chance to do so. Tried searching for the product because I couldn't remember what it was called and it brought me right back here. Will order one soon. When you're on the ground being prepped to go on the backboard, you want everything to come off as easily as possible, and for $60, that seems like a deal assuming EMTs are familiar with it and have the corresponding pump.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Is there a glove equivalent? I broke my finger last year and I would have really appreciated it if there was a way to get my glove off more slowly and inconveniently than just pulling it off by hand.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Is there a glove equivalent? I broke my finger last year and I would have really appreciated it if there was a way to get my glove off more slowly and inconveniently than just pulling it off by hand.
Yes, Fiskars makes superb glove removal tools. They also work for pads, shirts, and pants.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
yeah, they are called scissors.

The helmet system is really neat. Super simple. I wish I had thought of it. I don't have one yet but I should get one. The new Troy Lee helmets also have cheek pads that come out easily with the helmet still on for the same reason.

Good to see more people concerned about safety. A few years ago there were only a few other people wearing a Leatt. Now it seems that about 25% of DH racers are wearing them. At the MX track it's more like 75%.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
All the supercross and motocross riders have them in their helmets. At the seattle supercross they had a video thing about it. Seemed kinda hokey. At the thor booth villapoto did it on his backup helmet and it was pretty cool to see. I dont see this cathing on in dh though.