Quantcast

Helmet fit

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi.

I got a great deal on a TLD Arcus ENDURO!!!!!!1111111111 helmet. They only come in two sizes, s/m and l/xl. The helmet fits great with a hat and decent without. I'm wondering if anybody has added foam pads to a helmet to improve the fit. I can slide the helmet right up and off even when it's pretty well cinched down. I would love to figure out a way for it to fit better.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am never going to buy a helmet that does not fit right from even if its a good sale. Especially for mtb where everything is bouncing around. Don't be cheap get a helmet that fits.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Buy a helmet one size too small. Cut it into quarters, place on head and duct tape into plaice. Voila, custom helmet fit.

For a helmet that is too big, place a few strips of fiberglass soaked in epoxy around hour head. Put on helmet and wait for the resin to cure. Voila, custom fit helmet that WILL NOT slide!

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Before I bought the TLD A1 I tried on probably a dozen different enduro style helmets. Out of those only 4 fit me reasonably well, and I picked the TLD because it was most comfortable. I realized there is no good way to make an improperly fitting helmet work, it has to just fit from the get-go. Unfortunately no local shops here carry any good helmets, most of my test fitting was on trips to CA and CO last year, and I bought the A1 from a shop in CO.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hi.

I got a great deal on a TLD Arcus ENDURO!!!!!!1111111111 helmet. They only come in two sizes, Enduro and Enduro. The helmet Enduros great with Enduro and decent without. I'm wondering if anybody has added Enduro to a helmet to improve the Enduro. I can slide the helmet right up and Enduro even when it's pretty well Enduro-ed. I would love to figure out a way for it to Enduro better.
Fixed.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Buy a helmet one size too small. Cut it into quarters, place on head and duct tape into plaice. Voila, custom helmet fit.

For a helmet that is too big, place a few strips of fiberglass soaked in epoxy around hour head. Put on helmet and wait for the resin to cure. Voila, custom fit helmet that WILL NOT slide!
A helmet that is CUSTOM and ENDURO?!?!?!?!?

That's like dividing by 0. You may have just broke the interwebz.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Put a plastic garbage bag on your head to prevent sticking, put the helmet on, inject spray foam (great stuff brand is the best IMHO) wait 20-30 minutes, bam! Enduro rated custom fit helmet.
once I saw a pepper spray/mugger repellent that A) dyed their face green and 2) foamed up like expanding foam to incapacitate your attacker and then dye him for like a week or two so the cops/internet white knights could find him. I can't seem to find it now though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
once I saw a pepper spray/mugger repellent that A) dyed their face green and 2) foamed up like expanding foam to incapacitate your attacker and then dye him for like a week or two so the cops/internet white knights could find him. I can't seem to find it now though.
That's what a cop recommended since it sticks and is harder to get off.