Quantcast

Helmet heat?

Driftwood

Chimp
Oct 23, 2012
EDIT: Made a questionnaire.

http://www.surveyexpression.com/Survey.aspx?id=9b6bcefa-b783-4781-9c98-2862357f3d4a

Hi everyone,

I am a Product Design Engineering student at the University of Strathclyde. I am working on a project aiming to make helmets more comfortable by regulating the temperature inside the helmet during use, and I would like to ask some questions of you.

For those that don’t wear a helmet, how much does comfort (heat in the helmet specifically) factor in that? Would a helmet that either cooled or warmed your head (dependent on the weather) affect your decision

For those that do wear helmets when you ride, would a significantly more temperature-regulated design be attractive to you? Would you mind a little bit of extra weight if it was significantly less hot/cold while you were riding?

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I like the idea, but i think that it would have to be done by venting or a material that sheds heat (or retains it)
i would like it cooler, but not with a small battery run Air condition stuffed into it

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I never even notice my helmet when I am riding. I am usually "in the moment". If I am hot when I am done a run I take my helmet off so its really no big deal.

Now if you could find a way to make it smell a little better. . . ;)

PrenzHarry

Chimp
Dec 6, 2012
Weight is a big factor for me when ridding. Too much of it on my head can lead to poor performance. I can take the heat because the air can minimize it but not the weight. :)

Last edited: