Quantcast

Helmet or No Helmet

Ride with no lid or call it a day?

  • Ride without a helmet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Go home and call it a day

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Go home get helmet and ride by yourself

    Votes: 28 63.6%

  • Total voters
    44
  • Poll closed .

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
4,381
77
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
So you drive 20min to go meet some friends for a ride. Once you get there and are everyone is dress and ready to start the ride you realize that you forgot your helmet.

Do you ride without one or just call it a day and head home?
 

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
704
0
Fredrock
MancilG said:
So you drive 20min to go meet some friends for a ride. Once you get there and are everyone is dress and ready to start the ride you realize that you forgot your helmet.

Do you ride without one or just call it a day and head home?
Ride. If you forgot your helmet there probably isn't much up there to protect anyway... :blah:
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
MancilG said:
So you drive 20min to go meet some friends for a ride. Once you get there and are everyone is dress and ready to start the ride you realize that you forgot your helmet.

Do you ride without one or just call it a day and head home?
hmmm sounds familiar :D

he went back 1/2 hr each way to get the helmet
 

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
5,100
0
Sand, CA
i feel naked without one. you're a ****ing moron to not wear one. and i usualy try not to ride with people that do.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,014
166
NY
hooples3 said:
hmmm sounds familiar :D

he went back 1/2 hr each way to get the helmet
Yeah but you guys waited and that was super nice. The best part is when we got done riding there was a cold case of beer waiting for us. :)
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,014
166
NY
DHS said:
i feel naked without one. you're a ****ing moron to not wear one. and i usualy try not to ride with people that do.
Ditto, I feel naked when I don't wear a camelbak too.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Yeah but you guys waited and that was super nice. The best part is when we got done riding there was a cold case of beer waiting for us. :)
never a problem waiting for friends :thumb:
and the beer was a pleasent surprise
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,014
166
NY
hooples3 said:
all within a 5 minute period...... with my crappy pump no less
Yeah I was screaming for a good pump STAT and nobody was responding.... That f'ing crank bro's pump I have blows....

I should probably invest in a CO2 pump.
 

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
498
0
San Jose, CA
I never ride the mtb without a helmet. But on the road bike if it's a super hot day and I'm climbing for 6 or 7 straight miles, the helmet hangs out on the bars. But the second the road turns down, it goes back on my head.
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,411
0
SF
Depends. If I went to N* and I left my helmet at home, I would put my hiking boots on and tell my buddies to enjoy themselves. If it was my local XC loop, I have ridden without a helmet. it doesn't matter much for the climbs, and I am on the brakes for most of the descent.
 
J

JRB

Guest
dh girlie said:
That is so liberating though...probably like when a dude goes commando...I forgot the outside of my camelbak one day and I rode anyway...just did a short loop and drank a bunch from it before and after...but I felt light as a feather without that thing on my back.
I went commando the other night and hated it. :mumble:
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
445
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I'd never ride our local trails or any others without a helmet so I would definitely go home and get it. My friends would probably head in, do a short loop and meet me or I would just try to catch up!