Quantcast

Helmets

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Anyone know if there's a helmet on the market that does not rely on velcro at the temples to adjust the strap that goes around the back of the head? In every helmet I've ever had, the velcro glued to the helmet comes loose, usually in the middle of a ride. Maybe I sweat acid. There has to be a better way to hold and adjust the back strap. My current helmet came loose in the middle of a night ride. I tried various types of glue, new velcro pads, and, prior to last night's ride, a staple gun with 1/2" staples. Nothing kept the straps tight enough to prevent the helmet from bobbling all over my head.

:mumble:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I use a Giro Zen. I'm not sure how the straps are held on, but it is never loose no matter how long I ride for.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I have a Giro also (can't ever remember the model) and the straps aren't attached with velcro anywhere. The only things that are velcro'ed are the pads. And yes, on hot days the glue holding the velcro will come loose, but it doesn't affect the straps.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I take back what I said. I don't own a Giro. I own a Bell. Doh. Its the Influx. But the part about the straps not being vecro'ed still holds true.

Aug 17, 2004
Va Beach
It's expensive but the Specialized Decibel is the best fitting helmet I've owned. The rear retention system presses into the helmet like a one pronged outlet socket, no glue or velcro. Works great...