Quantcast

Help 24 RIms: Sun BFR 24s vs. ????

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
My BFRs are on the way out.

What would you guys recommend that would be lighter than the BFRs (650 grams), work with rim brakes and are availble now.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i noticed on dans comp that they started getting alienation rims in. hopefully they will stock the 24's. the 20" runaway will be available 2/22. fingers x'd the 24's follow after.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
WTB Distribution already has Runaways, as of about 3-4 days ago. I've been trying with them for the past week. Was about ready to order until they asked for my dealer number, d'oh!
QBP is around March 4th or so.

sucks since I was originally told January 15th, but the guy from alienation told me Feb. 1st at the soonest since the 24" hoops take longer to get out... and now apparantly it's all distro. lag.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey, in another thread we are discussing doing an order from Chainreaction, check them out and see if theres is something you want. We could order the rims as part of our order. Let me know. Pimp lites are on sale, wish I would have thought this out better, I could have gotten all of my rims and tires from them, got free shipping, and not had to do with extra mess. Whatever, my mistake could be your gain, if your interested.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11396

SDG

Chimp
May 24, 2007
be carefull with the Atomlab Pimplite rims, cause there pretty narrow.
There like XC rims. So if youre riding style is a bit rough, then i would order the Halo - Tornado rims.

just my 2 cents :monkeydance: