Quantcast

HELP!!! 951 MRP G2 mounting problem

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Can someone who has an Intense 951 that's running MRP G2 chainguide tell me how many spacers you used between the boomerang and ISCG face?
The forward most hole doesn't go through the frame like the top and rear and looks like I may need a shorter screw due to bottoming out before tightened.
Anyone else run into this problem?
Thanks.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Depends what cranks you are running, but the enclosed MRP screws 'may' be too long for that middle/forwardmost hole. Its no big deal, just get a shorter one if its bottoming out for you.

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Ok. It sounds like you fully understand my dilemma. I may have to trim the screw or add spacers. I have not mounted the cranks yet but just doing some preliminary work.
When I received my complete SRAM 951 bike, fully disassembled, the non drive side BB cup was missing from the parts kit.
Intense is taking care of it and sending a new BB and I am to return the partial BB. According to my dealer, that was resolved the same day I discovered the the mistake.
I requested it unassembled from the dealer due to some part change outs and wanting to do the assembly myself to ensure quality, understanding of the bike, proper torque values, etc.
Thanks for your help.