Quantcast

Help a brotha' out.. DHX 5.0 DU Bushing/ Eyelets

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Call Fox... Tell them you need new DU bushings for your DHX... They will probably charge you a couple of bucks.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
My friend has a metal lathe, and I've recently started making my own bushings. I've been pressing the old bushing out and instead of using the aluminum top hats that go into the bushings, I make new top hats from Delrin that press directly into the shock eyelet. So far so good, I can buy enough Delrin to make about 20 bushings for $8.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
My friend has a metal lathe, and I've recently started making my own bushings. I've been pressing the old bushing out and instead of using the aluminum top hats that go into the bushings, I make new top hats from Delrin that press directly into the shock eyelet. So far so good, I can buy enough Delrin to make about 20 bushings for $8.
IMHO Tophats are full Fail; use a through pin/rod and spacers, or try those rollers (which use a pin/rod)

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
IMHO Tophats are full Fail; use a through pin/rod and spacers, or try those rollers (which use a pin/rod)
Interesting, I can see the pin/rod assembly being much stronger but I have never had an issues w/my top hats in my Roco. As long as everything was bolted down properly, I have never developed any play or otherwise. Regardless, I am trying out the Enduro kit in the very near future as well. Given the price there is little risk, if they don't last, I'll go back to the old standby.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Interesting, I can see the pin/rod assembly being much stronger but I have never had an issues w/my top hats in my Roco. As long as everything was bolted down properly, I have never developed any play or otherwise. Regardless, I am trying out the Enduro kit in the very near future as well. Given the price there is little risk, if they don't last, I'll go back to the old standby.
Oh Im overstating a wee bit, but had excessive bushing wear with tophats that I didnt have with pins (same shocks/bikes, 'upgraded'), and I even read somewhere (must be true!) that for some reason(s) the pins are superior.

meh

I like these rolly things, yay.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh Im overstating a wee bit, but had excessive bushing wear with tophats that I didnt have with pins (same shocks/bikes, 'upgraded'), and I even read somewhere (must be true!) that for some reason(s) the pins are superior.

meh

I like these rolly things, yay.
Huck, where do you get your hardware?

Triple8Sol

Monkey
May 4, 2010
Seattle, WA
Maybe the word fail, that someone else used, is a bit strong. Top hats basically wear much faster, so the other style is preferred. Just go into your local DH/FR mtb shop. Any decent LBS should have the parts in stock or be able to get them quickly.