Quantcast

Help a monkey out. The scammers are all over me

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I don't know how this happened, but all of a sudden, these 3 people are all over buying my bike. I smell a scam here. What do you think. One guy seems somewhat legit, #2

1. HELLO,MY NAME IS DR DAVE BANKS I RESIDE IN THE REP OF IRELAND.I SAW YOUR ADVERT OF YOUR (Haro Nyquist Pro)ON THE WEB AND I'LL LIKE TO BUY THE ITEM FROM YOU AT THE GIVEN PRICE WHICH IS ($700) AND ALSO SCAN THE PICS FOR ME FOR PROPER VERIFICATION AND ALSO I'LL LIKE YOU TO TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE WORKING CONDITIONS AND ALSO I WANT TO SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO URGE YOU TO FURNISH ME BACK IF THE ITEM IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE AND AS FOR THE PAYMENT, I HAVE A LIABLE SHIPPER IN THE UNITED STATES WHICH TAKES GOOD CARE OF ALL MY SHIPPING AND AS FOR THE PAYMENT I WILL PREPARE A CASHIER CHECK FOR YOU AS SOON AS YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE WORKING CONDITION.SO YOU WILL SEND YOUR FULL CONTACT ADDRESS AND YOUR FULL NAME AND ALSO YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY IS THAT I ALSO HAVE SOME ITEMS WHICH I ALSO BOUGHT SO WHEN I SEND YOU THE CHECK TO YOU FOR YOUR OWN PAYMENT OF THE ITEM I BOUGHT FROM YOU THAT IS (3000$), YOU WILL NOW SEND THE BALANCE LEFT ON THE CHECK($2300) TO MY SHIPPER WHICH H
E WILL USE FOR THE SHIPPING OF OTHER ITEMS I BOUGHT AND I'LL IMPLOY YOU TO WIRE THE BALANCE VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER AND MY SHIPPER WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP ON THE SPECIFIED DATE THAT WILL BE CONVENIENT FOR YOU. PLS I HOPE I CAN COUNT ON YOU FOR THE BALANCE AND I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST.DON'T FORGET YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS, FULL NAME AND PHONE NUMBER. THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.BYE

2. hello seller,
i came accross your advert on the web and would like to let you know that am interested in the purchase.am interested in buying your Haro Nyquist Pro 2004 and i will like to know the amount is going for, i mean the least it can go for maybe it's negotiable,i also want to bring to your notice that, i want to buy it from you as soon as possible and do not bother about the shipping as i have a reputable shipper who will come to your location for the pick up as soon as the payment has been settled. and finally how is the payment term is going to be because am willing to pay through certified cashier cheque,. in your reply,i think it will be more better (more better :D ) if you can forward me the detail address information of where the payment is to be sent with a contact phone number for more proper discussion as regards the purchase from you .i will like you to get back to me as soon as possible.
many thanks
rich

3. I am willing to buy your ( Haro Nyquist Pro ) for $700 my mode of payment will lays on certified cashier's check drawn in U.S funds , i will be informing my client in U.S who be forwarding a check of $4000 to you on my behave , i will be handling the shipping, and every relevant title, if you want me to forward the check to you, i want you to give me the name that will be on cheque and your physical address which you will like to recieve the cheque with your cell phone number and land line ,but if you will prefer to receive the check in your bank i will want you to provide all the necessary info concerning your bank (bank name and address , account #and rounting #, so that i can order my client to wire the payment to your bank asap.more over the balance on the excess funds will be base on shipping bcos they are having other consignment for me to do the pick up, the shipper's will be incharges of sign all relevant document,i will like to know if may mode of payment is ac
cepted by you or not . i will really appreiciate your instant response.
Thanks

As for number 2. the guy wants my address? and phone? Now if he's gonna send me a certified check, and I wait for the check to clear, then the bike is picked up, that's ok, right?

Here's my response to one of them
Well Rich, the bike is going for $700 USD. If you know about bikes, with the parts on it, it's worth over $1500. If you call me at 978-337-3899 we can discuss. I will let you know this. There are a lot of scam artists out there and I will only allow the bike to be picked up after the check is cleared in my bank. I will not accept wire transfers either as I'm not giving out my bank account info as I've had people try to clean it out. If you really want to buy it, and are for real, let me know and give me a call
Kevin

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
My opinion, ignore all of them.

Never deal with "shipping agents" or over-payments. That just has S-C-A-M written all over it in letters 10 ft. tall. Shipping agent means you never even know the guy's address or phone number. And the over-payment thing is, of course, a known scam.

With all the crap that goes on, I wouldn't ever deal with "special" situations when selling something now. If someone won't give me straight payment, to a normal address, I don't want to deal with it.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Thanks guys, I figured it was BS. I welcome these guys to call. The second guy though offered to send me a check. Well point #1 is that the bike does not leave till I have cash in my hand, be it western union, money order, check, whatever. Soon as any of the above clears, then I let the bike go. Is this all these guys do all day? I'd think it would be easier to get up and go to work every day than deal with trying to f*** people all day long.

Kevin

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
I have heard of stories of cashier's checks clearing and then the funds are taken back because the bank found out that the check was a fake. be carefull and don't take cashier's checks for more money than the product is worth, those are always scams...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Knuckleslammer said:
Well point #1 is that the bike does not leave till I have cash in my hand, be it western union, money order, check, whatever. Soon as any of the above clears, then I let the bike go.
The problem here is that your bank might clear it in a week, but two weeks later it comes back to them as a fake and then you owe them the money, and you don't have a bike.

Report them...

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
all three are definately scams. that same old bogus "my shipping agent" stuff or the big old check and you refund the difference.

forward the emails to the fbi or whoever deals with scam-bs like that !