Quantcast

Help/Advice about biking camps

msmsj

Chimp
Mar 15, 2014
Wondered if anyone could give opinions on Whistler's Adult Summer Gravity Camp compared to Trek Dirt Series Weekends. It would be for girl intermediate rider in 20's. How much coaching at SCG and any experiences you may have had. Thx.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Wondered if anyone could give opinions on Whistler's Adult Summer Gravity Camp compared to Trek Dirt Series Weekends. It would be for girl intermediate rider in 20's. How much coaching at SCG and any experiences you may have had. Thx.
Being an intermediate rider at SGC is the best level to be at. As for a lady. They usually get grouped up with all or mostly female riders about the same skill level. They realy help to push and not over push the lady riders. All of the girls were doing amazing at the end. The best part is YOU dont coach them. So they are able to take the advise and apply it.

My girl was right about that level. She would ride down ciu before camp. After she was riding and clearing lots of a line jumps. She also got to the point where she begged me to take her down schleyer. After camp was over. The progression the intermediates and beginners see from the camp is amazing

msmsj

Chimp
Mar 15, 2014
Being an intermediate rider at SGC is the best level to be at. As for a lady. They usually get grouped up with all or mostly female riders about the same skill level. They realy help to push and not over push the lady riders. All of the girls were doing amazing at the end. The best part is YOU dont coach them. So they are able to take the advise and apply it.

My girl was right about that level. She would ride down ciu before camp. After she was riding and clearing lots of a line jumps. She also got to the point where she begged me to take her down schleyer. After camp was over. The progression the intermediates and beginners see from the camp is amazing
Thank you so much. It's a lot of money to spend but willing to if the value is there. Do you know what the age span is like?

:)

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
And a week of riding compared to a weekend is just insane amount of volume of riding.
The best part for me. She got to ride with people at her skill level so she didn't feel like she was holding me back. We then took laps after camp was over

Tons of great people that we still keep in contact with and ride up in whistler every year

msmsj

Chimp
Mar 15, 2014
And a week of riding compared to a weekend is just insane amount of volume of riding.
The best part for me. She got to ride with people at her skill level so she didn't feel like she was holding me back. We then took laps after camp was over

Tons of great people that we still keep in contact with and ride up in whistler every year
Thanks

yellowdogx

Chimp
Dec 21, 2003
Langley BC
I can't speak to the lady part but I did a SGC camp last year.

I am an intermediate rider, live in vancouver so I have spent a fair bit of time at whistler. I have also done a schley weekend camp in the past as well as a handful of guy nights.

Honestly I think I would have been better off doing a handful of private lessons with a coach instead of riding in a group setting for 5 or 6 hours a day for 6 days. Maybe every other day for coaching for 4-5 hours then put the things learned into practice on the non coached days. I think the one on one time would be better and she could practice things that she needed to work on, not what someone else in the group needed/wanted to work on.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: