Quantcast

Help! Any U.S. Patent Attorneys out there?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh specialized is real pecullar about that fsr crap they designed.

ohh and shock sorry i cant help but best wishes man hope everything works out.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
yeh specialized is real pecullar about that fsr crap they designed.

ohh and shock sorry i cant help but best wishes man hope everything works out.
Specialized didn't design sh1t. They purchased the patent to the 'Horst link' (basically the idea of putting a pivot between the main pivot and the rear dropout) that was designed by Horst Lettner (sp?) of AMP fame and now aggressively defend that patent with the power of bulk money and robot-ninja-lawyers.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
one good thing, one troublesome thing, but if f I told ya, i'd have to.....
Please try to find a cheap attorney... so your product prices don't increase too much. I would really like to get one of the Brake Therapy upgrades for my Kona Coiler, but it already costs 60% of the price I paid for my new frame. :shocked:

Feb 13, 2006
US Patent lawyers do not have to be in your same town or state. The US Patent Bar is a federal practice. You can live in Kentucky and use an Oregon patent lawyer.

But if you want to include state law intellectual property issues, then your attorney should be licensed in the state you live in.

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Please try to find a cheap attorney... so your product prices don't increase too much. I would really like to get one of the Brake Therapy upgrades for my Kona Coiler, but it already costs 60% of the price I paid for my new frame. :shocked:
Ya, but i don't think "cheap" and "attorney" are words that really go together.

Kinda like the words "cheap", "high quality", "limited production floating brakes made in the US" aren't words that really go together...

or "cheap" and "money back guarantee that you'll love it".....

As it is, I have kept prices the same on floaters for 9 years...probably not too smart on my part.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Fair enough... I have no doubt that your products work. Good that you stand behind them, very respectable. If it helps pay your legal fee's, I'll probably be ordering a floater at the beginning of the season. But please let me know if you have any Spring-time specials... really interested in the Team carbon model. ::cheers:

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Fair enough... I have no doubt that your products work. Good that you stand behind them, very respectable. If it helps pay your legal fee's, I'll probably be ordering a floater at the beginning of the season. But please let me know if you have any Spring-time specials... really interested in the Team carbon model. ::cheers:
Ha, I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't sell floaters to pay legal fees, I sell 'em cause they're cool, they work, and they make customers happy.

If I had my way in the world, their wouldn't be any legal fees...

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
No riding patent attorneys out there????

But yet, they're expected to understand the process enough to write the patent and be worth that $500/hr?!?!?!?!

Problem number 1 with the patent process.........

Don't get me started on the examiners that are supposed to determine the validity of a patent....

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
come on, that's old news.

new news #1) new suspension design (this one I have handled, I think)

new news #2) defending an existing product against those who would claim rights to it.
Sorry, I don't really don't follow Kona unless we're taking about

Anyway, hope the battle is going well.

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Sorry, I don't really don't follow Kona unless we're taking about

Anyway, hope the battle is going well.
not bad, but whatever happens there isn't going to change my life. I have new carrots to peel.

Brian