Quantcast

Help build new DH trail on Teton Pass!!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If any of y'all are withing range of Jackson Hole, Teton Freedom Riders is building a new connector to the Crater Lake trail, in full cooperation with the FS.
Picture 10 foot rock drops, jumps, berms, log rides, etc...whatever you can imaging with the existing terrain, we pretty much can build.
This new connector will replace the fire road section, and remove DH-ers from other users...hikers, CC dudes, horses, drunk midgets, what have you.
We started yesterday with 20 volunteers, and got off to a great start on 'Jimmy's Mom'.
Much thanks to Backcountry Provisions and Down on Glen for Tasty munchies, and Snake River Brewing for....duh.
seeing as the weather is staying great, we are calling out another big trail day before the winter hits!

Details...
10:00 AM, Teton Pass, phillips canyon/Crater lake turnout
Sunday, 30th Oct.
Contact Scott @ Fitzgeralds bikes, 307 734 6886 or
Harlan @ Wilson BC, 307 733 5228
or myself @ 208 709 4202 for details.
Beer and Food probably provided!
Thanks, Teton Freedom Riders!

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
That pass has some amazing terrain. Some of my favorite riding that I have done is up there. Phillips and Blacks Canyon trails are a ton of fun.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
But they are now tame old cross country uncles compared to what is being created by the new school.
Lithium is a now legal, 3600 foot DH, with HUGE jumps, natural hairball lines, gaps, roots rocks, spines, and SPEED.

Crater Lake (and Jimmy's Mom) are feature based, Gaps of all sizes, rock drops, Log rides-to gap drops, you get the Idea.
C'mon out and check it out, it is the start of a whole new FS and freerider way of getting trails done right...killer stuff!