Quantcast

Help choosing new bike

May 23, 2002
Dallas TX
Hi,
I'm looking to get a freestyle 20". I've been looking at the Haro Mirra 540 and the Specialized 415 bikes (FSX and such), and was wondering if those would be good choices. If there are other brands that would be good for me to consider, please let me know. I'm looking for strength in the bike, weight is not important as long as it'll hold up.

All info will be greatly appreciated.

John

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by centromachetes
Hi,
I'm looking to get a freestyle 20". I've been looking at the Haro Mirra 540 and the Specialized 415 bikes (FSX and such), and was wondering if those would be good choices. If there are other brands that would be good for me to consider, please let me know. I'm looking for strength in the bike, weight is not important as long as it'll hold up.

All info will be greatly appreciated.

John
Standard, DK, S&M, Terrible One, Volume...just to name a few....D

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
It looked like you were naming the bike shop brands off so another option for you would be the mosh Brass worm series. If your going fo rthe mail order cheap scene I would look into DK they have an awsome deal going at Dan's right now on the General Lee, complete for like 200 Other than that I'm a huge Standard fan, I've been riding an STA and a Trailboss( now the 250) for about 5 years now... love them both.

good luck, take your time! if you spend the money fo rquality it will definatly last.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
did you consider an old schwinn joey garcia automatic? ive had mine for a year and it is still running like the day i got it....... :D :cool: :)

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
Originally posted by BMXman

Standard, DK, S&M, Terrible One, Volume...just to name a few....D

if you are goin for a complete bike DK would probably be your best bet. Thier components are quality and there prices are really good:)

May 23, 2002
Dallas TX
I saw another thread about frame geometry, and how a slack head tube angle and long top tube are good for newbies. The 415 and Mirra bikes seem similar, 74 degree head tube and 20.5 or 21" top tube, and 14.33 or so chainstays. I can't seem to find geometry specs for DK or S&M, though. Does anyone know where to find that info?

Thanks,
John

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Oh put 2HIP to your list excellent bike geometry + good price...

If you are weight consicous you can get 2HIP Pork in aluminum rather than steel.

May 23, 2002
Dallas TX
Originally posted by Babar
Oh put 2HIP to your list excellent bike geometry + good price...

If you are weight consicous you can get 2HIP Pork in aluminum rather than steel.
I checked out their site, those frames look really tough.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
FBM is good choice too my friends rides a FBM night train (street setup) the bike feels pretty good execpt the TT 20.75 felt bit short for me