Quantcast

Help - do you have room for Katrina refugees?

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
It does not matter where you live...you can help arrange transport if you care enough.

I offered up my place on the craiglist. I am totally blown away with how many people accross the nation are opening their homes to victims, there are THOUSANDS!

If you even have an extra COT and can spare a few square meals for even one person...place your listing on the craiglist - now.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/roo/

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am putting two people already: my next door neighbors for the 5 years I lived in New Orleans...

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Awesome, just keep spreading the word - I'l bet there's more than 50,000 people that need a place to stay. Once we know the full extent of the disaster this is going to make 911 look like nothing.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I told the Big Cheese he could stay with us be he didnt have a ride out of town. I hope he is OK.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my med school is going to take over the education for a bunch of med students from tulane and other regional schools that are shut down. maybe up to 50 of them.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
TN said:
I told the Big Cheese he could stay with us be he didnt have a ride out of town. I hope he is OK.
i dont think he was there, although i have no way of knowing, he was supposed to move somewhere up north for school.

i just got back into town, i've been in colorado since before the storm, and it's pretty weird down here right now.
i dont have cable so i'm not getting the play-by-play but both foot ball stadiums, the park and the arena are all being used for temp housing. i'm on the north end of town and there are lots of people around, little more activity than normal for a saturday when i went out to get some groceries.
it's been raining today but i think i might take a bike trip down there to see what's going on.

J

JRB

TN said:
:stupid: I wish I had known his situation last week, before Sunday. I would have taken vacation to go pick him up and bring him here.

*the unfortunate thing, given the primal nature of what I see on TV (which I think is BS, but can't completely disregard it), is that I don't think I would compromise my family, myself, or my property taking in a total stranger. Sad, but that is what the world has done to me. :(

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
i dont think he was there, although i have no way of knowing, he was supposed to move somewhere up north for school.
He told us Sunday that he had no way out. :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
<snip> given the primal nature of what I see on TV (which I think is BS, but can't completely disregard it), is that I don't think I would compromise my family, myself, or my property taking in a total stranger. Sad, but that is what the world has done to me. :(
You should stop watching T.V.

I've a house full now with 3 kids, a wife, and two dogs. :eek:

Oh - and a mean-ass cat. :mad: