Quantcast

Help Finding Old Hardcore Hardtail Gallery

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
After seeing ‘that’ article on Pinkbike of hard tails and monster forks I’ve been trying to dig out an old hardcore hardtail gallery site that existed back in the early -mid 00’s. If I recall it was pretty much the readers rides section of a site based around hucking stair sets and ‘urban freeride’

Lots of Evils, BMWs, .243 etc with 24” wheels and double crown forks, Evil polycarb bash rings and profile cranks. Mostly looking for nostalgia and to laugh at the bikes unused to lust over.

If anyone can point me in the the right direction I’d be delighted. Pretty sure it’ll have to be dug up on the internet archive.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I can't help you with a dedicated site, I don't remember that one.

Just to make sure, are you aware of this thread:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I can't help you with a dedicated site, I don't remember that one.

Just to make sure, are you aware of this thread:
Turns out I’ve even posted in that thread. You may starting to see that memory isn’t my forte

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Turns out the gallery was from Unreal Bikes - can’t see it linked in the thread above - but plenty of jokes featured in it are also on there.

For anyone else interested in some old school hardtails the link is here:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I should have thought about Unreal Cycles. Very cool online shop in those days. I think I bought a set of Hayes Mag from him a long time ago.

The golden days of freeriding and urban assault... :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
After seeing ‘that’ article on Pinkbike of hard tails and monster forks I’ve been trying to dig out an old hardcore hardtail gallery site that existed back in the early -mid 00’s. If I recall it was pretty much the readers rides section of a site based around hucking stair sets and ‘urban freeride’

Lots of Evils, BMWs, .243 etc with 24” wheels and double crown forks, Evil polycarb bash rings and profile cranks. Mostly looking for nostalgia and to laugh at the bikes unused to lust over.

If anyone can point me in the the right direction I’d be delighted. Pretty sure it’ll have to be dug up on the internet archive.
dropmachine did a bunch of this kind of things, but pinkbike back then was more or less the same. Hardcore hardtail thread is pretty much gold.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
They are a fair bit different to today's long travel hardtails, it's like they swapped the HTAs for the STAs.
Thank God BB rise is a thing of the past.
1611551546884.png

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That thing looks so weird. Anyone riding anything like the above?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I have the OnOne Big Dog, which Is less extreme than that, but has a nominal 64 HA with a 150mm fork and a longer ST.

I don't use it for "hardtail downhill" though. It's my light trail / trailwork bike.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I have the OnOne Big Dog, which Is less extreme than that, but has a nominal 64 HA with a 150mm fork and a longer ST.

I don't use it for "hardtail downhill" though. It's my light trail / trailwork bike.
Neat. My Nicolai 2MX had a 65ish degree head angle, 110/30mm travel. Loved that thing. Shouldn't have sold it.

10.19.03_pgh_street_.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There were also the Le Toy series. Those were super popular back then for all kinds of long forked nonsense.

p3pb7384705.jpg

At least they used an 01/02 Monster for the lower axle to crown height and weight.

Last edited: