Quantcast

help fork decesion

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I am trying to decide which is better for DJ, street, park and some light freeride and trail riding. I just picked up an Identiti Dr Jeykll, had one before made mistake of trading it.
Can't decide what would be better:
09 RS 409 Argyle solio
09 RS 318 Argyle coil or
08 Marzocchi 4x WC-new

I have always been a Marzocchi guy but I have a 426 Pike coil that I likes but the steerer is too short for the frame and from what I hear the pike has gone downhill and not in a good way.

I also have a BlkMkrt MOB with geared rear, hs, seatpost and Pike 426 4sale everything is like new

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
nah difference is the pike fits my MOB with a couple of spacers to spare, so it will fit a MOB/Riot or any frame with an internal hs with no problem.
On my Identiti I have a Sunline V-one hs and I am using a BLKMKRT underboss stem, the stem fits but the top bolt is at the top of the steerer so it just grabs the top. can I use it safely?

if i had 2cm more it would fit perfect.
Are there any hs that are a lower stack height? the stem is as thick as the series one diablous stems.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
check the hope headsets. chainreaction has most of the stack heights listed for all the headsets so itll be easy to compare

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Looks like Crank Brothers makes the lowest stack hs I am going to try that. Their headsets are 21 or so mm mine is 29mm so that should cure my problem. if not then time for a new fork I think the Argyle will be better for what i want.