Quantcast

help from monkey-dom needed (definitely nbr, therefore perfect for the lounge!)

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
so, some of you might remember the saga of my dead tv. since then, its been replaced with a huge and gorgeous hitachi DLP. :drool:

tha issue:
what the %#@& do I do with the olde one? its definitely ded (spelled correctly)

goodwill?
recycle place?

other thoughts? throwing it off the balcony would be fun (4th story) but not the best for the other neighbors.

thanks ahead of time.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
chicodude01 said:
Take it to an open field and blow it up.

forgot about the option of going "office space" on it. or was that mythbusters last night? cement truck? what cement truck? :D

no- not an option- might be potential hazardous materials inside, and, well, im sorta in the anti-haz-mat industry. damn. more fun foiled.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
recycle it, just like all other electronics. They are full of useful bits (lots of copper wire), but they are also full of bits very toxic to the environment (too many to list).

So take it out to the shooting range, unload on it, sweep up the mess and recycle it!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't think Goodwill has any need for a dead TV. They are not THAT desparate. :D

Call your town dump and see if you can take it there. That's what we did with a bunch of stuff after we moved into the house. We had old computer parts that legally you can't drop in the trash, so we called the dump and they had a place for it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Cathode ray tubes have a crap load of lead in them, so dispose it the right way or face the wrath of ultra-bad-enviro-karma.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hose it down with lighter fluid and plug it in with a very long extension cord. The toss it off the balcony while turned on. This is officially known as a "tracer".

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
If it's dead, I doubt goodwill will take it.

If it's a tube television, I believe there are "proper" ways to dispose of it due to the led in the tube. Call you garbage service or the town dump or someone along those lines for info on how to get rid if it.

Put some 2x4s on it with some ply wood, and build some type of a stunt. If people in trailer parks can have appliances on their front porches, why can't you have a TV-based stunt in your yard?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
LordOpie said:
go all Office Space on it?
Better yet, put electrical tape on your nipples, get some dynamite, an axe, and a schoolbus, and go all Wendy O Williams on it.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
jacksonpt said:
If it's dead, I doubt goodwill will take it.

If it's a tube television, I believe there are "proper" ways to dispose of it due to the led in the tube. Call you garbage service or the town dump or someone along those lines for info on how to get rid if it.

Put some 2x4s on it with some ply wood, and build some type of a stunt. If people in trailer parks can have appliances on their front porches, why can't you have a TV-based stunt in your yard?
wow. think we have a winner!

its not a CRT, but it does have color guns in it (rear projection)
recycle place seems to be the best choice!