Quantcast

HELP, I need a new fork (asap)

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
yea, call marzocchi and get a new one, prolly pay $100 for a new fork w/ old fork as trade in/crash replacement.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Blacks are generally easy to find in the $200-$250 range depending.... probably going to be your best deal. Did you dig through the classifieds? Might be able to find a good deal on a slightly used fork, though I'm not sure how fast you could get the deal done.

What happened to the old fork? I can see the damage in the pic, but how'd it happen?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Blacks are generally easy to find in the $200-$250 range depending.... probably going to be your best deal. Did you dig through the classifieds? Might be able to find a good deal on a slightly used fork, though I'm not sure how fast you could get the deal done.

What happened to the old fork? I can see the damage in the pic, but how'd it happen?
Blacks are considered trail/enduro forks...except the Black Super SPV 80, I want something a little lighter/more designed for XC

I crashed in an XC race.....more details here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91322

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
not covered but there is a upgrade/trade in plan

but their xc forks are so heavy (i,e. 4.2lbs for the MX pro w/ETA) except the Marathon SL which is still 3.82 & would be $359 with trade in, plus cost of shipping my fork to Cali & shipping on the new fork....ugh, I wonder how long it would take to get the new fork??

:help:

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
douglas said:
anyone know of a online deal on a good xc fork w/lockout.....not super heavy (I race sport XC) and not $$$

:help:
Start here

www.bestwebbuys.com/bikes

and here

www.qbike.com

It is a place to start by comparing prices and getting price matches from other mailorder stores (e.g., Jenson, Supergo, etc). If you can pull the strings right, perhaps you could get free shipping and no tax included (if the store is not in same state as you are in). :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Skareb is sweet and stiff...

My 02 Marathon Air weighs in at between 3.2-3.4 lbs, I got it from a guy here for 200 bucks. Pretty stiff, light, and works like a dream. Newer marathons are heavy.