Quantcast

Help installing Saint bottom bracket in Demo 8 adapters

CraigS

Monkey
Oct 13, 2012
upstate ny (518)
Trying to install a Saint bottom bracket into the adapters that came with my Demo 8 frameset,
but the drive side threads bottom out inside the adapter before I'm able to get it tight.
I have one 2.5mm spacer on it now and I'm not able to tighten it. If I put two spacers on it seems
like I'm able to tighten it down. I'm just afraid that it will put the drive side out too far and the non-drive side
in too close.
Anyone else run into this?
Any solutions?

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
No simple fix with what you have at hand. The Saint BB cups are too deep for those plastic things.

1) Space it out (may have poor chain line).
2) Open up the ID of the adapter so the cup can thread in all the way (Not easy to do unless you have a lathe).
2) Cut the threaded part of the Saint cup down a bit to make it shorter (makes someone in Japan cry).
3) Buy another (better) adapter form these guys Praxis Works, don't know if they make 83mm shell version or not. If they do it will be good, their BB stuff is killer!

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Trying to install a Saint bottom bracket into the adapters that came with my Demo 8 frameset,
but the drive side threads bottom out inside the adapter before I'm able to get it tight.
I have one 2.5mm spacer on it now and I'm not able to tighten it. If I put two spacers on it seems
like I'm able to tighten it down. I'm just afraid that it will put the drive side out too far and the non-drive side
in too close.
Anyone else run into this?
Any solutions?
according to the Shimano manual you need two 2.5mm spacers on the drive side and on 2.5mm spacer on the non drive side for a 83BB - I ran these setup on my demo for full two season without any problems.