Quantcast

Help locating a part? or a custom guide idea?

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I am looking for a square taper 136mm width spindle bottom bracket for a 1980's Diamondback.

I cracked the original spindle and this one is in there now, but it is not wide enough, so the small ring was rubbing on the frame and I had to remove it. Since then, the chain has dropped twice causing me to fall kinda bad.

So I either need to find the proper bottom bracket, or come up with some kind of custom guide to keep this chain on. I don't mind running the single ring up front. Keep in mind they are biopace rings. Thanks

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
It's a square taper BB, so there are only two numbers you need to order a new one.

The first number is spindle length, which you know.
The second number is BB width (of the frame) in millimeters, which will either be 68 or 73.
Go online or call the LBS once you have that info. It should be gravy from there.

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
It's a square taper BB, so there are only two numbers you need to order a new one.

The first number is spindle length, which you know.
The second number is BB width (of the frame) in millimeters, which will either be 68 or 73.
Go online or call the LBS once you have that info. It should be gravy from there.
I think he realizes this. The problem is that he is looking for a 136mm spindle. Looking through my distributors, I don't see any 136mm spindles.

Good luck on your search!

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
To keep your chain on, you need to track down a chain keeper they're made by Third Eye. Should be able to order one from any shop, and many have one hidden and dusty laying around. You will also need to adjust your front der to keep the chain from coming off the top ring, or for single rings, use a bashguard.

So, chain watcher to keep it from falling inside, der or bashguard to keep it falling outside.