Quantcast

Help...Looking for Hood River Bike shop and trails.

Aug 11, 2005
Wenatchee, WA
Can anyone help me out. I am taking a vacation down to hood river in June. Never been there, and I am going to spend every waking second either drunk or riding, or both. I have the slightest clue where to go. Who is the Core shop down there, and where could I find directions to some killer trails????:help:

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Visit www.westsidefreeride.com. Check their bulletin boards/forums. All the info you need should be there. If it's not someone should be able to help. You are gonna friek out on Post Canyon!! Post up when you go. I would be willing to hook up. My friend lives near there and has a huge pickup for shuttling.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
http://www.gfra.org/

Post Canyon trails are probably where you'll spend most of your time. Also check out the Wildcat trails. Wildcat is more like a kick in the nuts: steep, off camber, duffy trails that require some downhill skills. Post Canyon has plenty of that as well, but is geared more to the freeride set.

Not sure on the best shop in Hood River, but I'm sure you'll find out if you email the guys at GFRA.

I'm assuming that you check the PNW board as well. If not, make sure you do, as plenty of the Post Canyon / PDX locals post there fairly often.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you are a freerider, Post Canyon is a blast. Even if your not into so much of the stunt stuff, it's still a nice ride. It has come a long way. I haven't ridden up there in like 2 years, but I have been told it's been built out a lot since the last time I was there.