Quantcast

Help me buy my new ride....

Jul 2, 2004
I've been riding road for the last few years... Used to run BMX and dj when i was younger; that was back when GT was a big player in the BMX circuit... makes me feel old to say that, lol

In any case, i'd like to get back into DJ and some trail riding but just cant decide what bike is going to be best for me.

I'd like to stay with Specialized, Fisher, and maybe trek... though i dont think trek has much to offer.

I've been looking at the Stumpjumper FSR, Big Hit FSR II, Fisher 29er 293.

My reason for sticking with these brands is because of my local selection and 'hookup' factor... :help:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I agree with stinkyboy. The absolute best way to figure out what bike to buy is to ride some.

If you come up with one or two or three that you really like, post 'em up and maybe we can give you the pros and cons of each one.

When coming up with your username, did you just punch the first thought that entered your head into the box? ;)

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
there isn't much difference from frame to frame as far as the hardtail jumping genre goes. See which one has the best parts build. Top tube length might be an issue too depending on your height. If you're jumping, I'd say stay away from the 29 inch wheels.

Test riding is always nice if you have the opportunity.

Jul 2, 2004
I plan on demoing some bikes next weekend. The killer for me is i've got two buy two, not of the same, but two none the less :wife:

She has settled on a stumpjumper FSR so thats nearly 2grand... I've got to spend at least the same on me :evil:

I'll keep that in mind regarding the 29ers... I'm 5'6" i agree sizing sorta sucks for me in some respects..

binary - life sucks when your hungry for cereal...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
mymilkexpired said:
I plan on demoing some bikes next weekend. The killer for me is i've got two buy two, not of the same, but two none the less :wife:

She has settled on a stumpjumper FSR so thats nearly 2grand... I've got to spend at least the same on me :evil:

I'll keep that in mind regarding the 29ers... I'm 5'6" i agree sizing sorta sucks for me in some respects..

binary - life sucks when your hungry for cereal...
Truer words were never spoken...