Quantcast

Help me choose one of these (or other)

yamahaalex37

Chimp
Jul 14, 2010
Please help me pick one! I want to get into downhill and jumping so originally I thought I wanted a strictly downhill bike, but I realized that I will be doing alot of casual street riding, and I have a strict budget. I think "More than XC, less than FR/DH" description fits my needs very well! My usual ride is up hill on pavement at least 10 miles, and then downhill on a trail with lots of switchbacks, small drops, etc. My original budget was 700 dollars, it's since expanded but lets try to keep it close to that.

-----------------

2010 Airborne Marauder - (So far my favorite, for price, 6" frame, specs, and looks) - $700

2008 Diamondback Sortie 1 (4" frame in 08) - $750

2010 Giant Yukon FX - $750

----------------- I would prefer one of those 3 they are in my ideal price range, but just in case these are better i'll keep going:

2010 Airborne Zeppelin Elite (Is this better than the Marauder???) - $800

2008 KHS 08 XC 204 - $800

2008 Kona Four - $800

2009 Kona One20 - $900

----------------- If you want me to spend 1000 your really going to have to convince me!

2008 Diamondback Mission 1 - $1000

2009 Scott Spark 60 - $1000

2010 Sette Ace - $1000 (http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/187...onarch-2.1.htm)

2010 Fezzari Wiki Peak -$1000 (http://www.fezzari.com/products/index/Wiki_Peak/89/17)

Last but not least, my favorite looking:

2010 Mountain Cycle Fury - $1000

AND finally this page has alot of bikes under $1000: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...bikes.htm#xtfs

-------------------

I am sorry I know that is alot to look at, so I REALLLLY appreciate any advice thank you so much in advance!!!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
from your description and based on a couple bikes you have listed consider a Kona Coiler or Coilair, it's a good budget do it all bike. I use mine as an XC bike, an urban cruiser, a dirt jumper and a downhill bike.

It's been a good budget minded do it all bike for me. Other bikes will do certain things better, but with a quick change in spring rate and tires I can go from a decent XC bike to a downhill oriented bike in a matter of minutes, and then I can toss on some streat treads and go out and be a huckster if I so choose.

yamahaalex37

Chimp
Jul 14, 2010
What about the mountain cycle fury? It looks pretty sweet and almost like a downhill bike. or the Sette Ace? And I know the Mission 1 is a proven bike.

yamahaalex37

Chimp
Jul 14, 2010
I do check reviews and at mtbr, the thing is I like to get some feedback from actual riders because I know the companies can post those reviews.

The mountain cycle fury gets great feedback at mtbr and pinkbike, so im confused what your trying to say.

And if im twelve then you must be retarded or illeterate. All of those bikes qualify as decent bikes, and if you read my requirements some of them probably qualify as outstanding bikes!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I do check reviews and at mtbr, the thing is I like to get some feedback from actual riders because I know the companies can post those reviews.

The mountain cycle fury gets great feedback at mtbr and pinkbike, so im confused what your trying to say.

And if im twelve then you must be retarded or illeterate. All of those bikes qualify as decent bikes, and if you read my requirements some of them probably qualify as outstanding bikes!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
i work for Mountain Cycle and i thoroughly believe this is the best bike ever!

(i really dont work for MC...but u get the drift)

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
They really are not that great....Again consider saving a big more and getting a good used bike. Not a great bike, but have you looked at the Kona Stuff?