Quantcast

Help me convince Swain Ski area to open lift served Biking

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
I have been pestering Swain Ski and Snowboard center to run their lifts for MTB for years. The always reply that there is not enough interest to make it cost effective. If you would like to have lift served Mt. Biking in Western NY, please give them an email or call.
www.swain.com
info@swain.com
607 545-6228

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I just sent them an e-mail, among other things I suggested having a trial weekend of lift access to bikers to see if it would be economically wise for them to continue such a practice, lets hope they consider it.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
Thanks!
Let's keep those emails rolling in.

PS -Thursday night DH shuttle rides in Swain all summer. Meet at Downhill Drew's parking lot 5:00pm

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Sent my email. Do you ride with the old man on a hardtail and his daughter on the f.S. mongoose. They ride swain every Thurs. I think it is. Either way they kick ass if you see them tell'em the kid with the pink dare from plattekill says hello. Go to Ridetheland.com this guy wants to open a freeride park on his own land but has no lift you can work out some sort of Diablo/Mt.creek renters agreement

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
That's Scott and his daughter. They ride with us. Good folks.
Come visit Swain. Pick-Up truck shuttles Thurs nights when snow melts.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
They invited me out last year but it was late in the season so by the time I got out of work and made the drive from ROC it was almost dark Ill definitly be out this year. what would it take to get swain to open up.I know dozens of riders who would come almost every week from may till november I will make it all happen if they just turn on the lift.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
Get everyone to contact them. Maybe suggest opening at least on weekends. If they see that it's cost effective they mat go for it.
Swain.com

Think "melt"

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
weekends is the only time they should open, maybe offer camping at the bottom of the hill for people who want to come in for the whole weekend. I'm on it tell em to start checking thier e mail

Stinky Boy

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Arkport NY
The Amish said:
Sent my email. Do you ride with the old man on a hardtail and his daughter on the f.S. mongoose. They ride swain every Thurs. I think it is. Either way they kick ass if you see them tell'em the kid with the pink dare from plattekill says hello. Go to Ridetheland.com this guy wants to open a freeride park on his own land but has no lift you can work out some sort of Diablo/Mt.creek renters agreement
I ride with these guy also they are good people. You should come check us out!!!!

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
BigStonz said:
Keep the emails comings, word has it they are taking notice.
Nice. you should come to our meeting this sat. with the ridetheland guy.

Do they still make chicken speedies at the sierra I havent had one in over a year and im die'n

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
I don't know about the speedies at the Sierra, I prefer to give Downhill Drew's my business.
We had our first "real" ride at Stonybrook park Wed......We're still waiting for the Swain snow to melt. We should be starting our Thursday evening rides in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for everyone's support.... :help:

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Bam, sent.
Lift access would be a reason to get out there for sure!

Would we be able to put some trails in the forest? I'd love to help out with that if this happens.