Quantcast

Help me decide which XC ride i should ride on Sunday

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Lower Big Quilcene
12 miles out and back, 1000 feet gain and descend, claimed to be some of the fastest funnest rippinist singletrack on the other side of the Sound...
(south of Quilcene)
or

S. Fork Skokomish
18 miles out and back, 400 feet gain and descend, claimed to be some of the most scenic hobbit like forest type singletrack around....
(north of Shelton)

Both river rides that i have never done before, both off of 101 on the other side of the pond.

By the way anyone wanna tag along? :rolleyes:

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
Skookum said:
Lower Big Quilcene
12 miles out and back, 1000 feet gain and descend, claimed to be some of the fastest funnest rippinist singletrack on the other side of the Sound...
(south of Quilcene)
or
tag along? :rolleyes:
LBQ is kinda cool.....You forget that it started with a climb cause when ya finally turn it around......SWOOOOOOOSH all the way back :devil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Dang! Stuck in E. Washington for a famliy death :eviltongu
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Knobularlife said:
LBQ is kinda cool.....You forget that it started with a climb cause when ya finally turn it around......SWOOOOOOOSH all the way back :devil:
How's the back? Gettin close? If not you can always try Bennie Hinn. :stosh:

oly said:
paying for being gone all last weekend....
Sorry to hear it pal, i can always photoshop old pics of you into new pics from this ride and then you can lie to yourself and trick yourself into thinking you had a great ride. :)

X-C Phantom said:
South Fork is cool, different little river trail.

I however will be at Orcas Island riding my bike :dancing:
To my knowledge there are no female duckbill platypus there, but it's rumored there are plenty of female sea otters there.... Now you're getting pretty kinky dude.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Skookum said:
S. Fork Skokomish
18 miles out and back, 400 feet gain and descend, claimed to be some of the most scenic hobbit like forest type singletrack around....
(north of Shelton)
That there is my old "stomping grounds". I went to school in Shelton and dated a hick for over 6 years that lived out in the Skokomish Valley. I didn't bike then...I didn't even own a bike then either! Boy, I'm sure glad Ethan came along to change me from deer hunting/beer drinking chick to the mountain biking speedy beaver I've become! :p :evil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dwaugh said:
I'm pretty sure that I'll be riding Galby on sunday with one group of people or another. You wanna come along?
Nah i'm pretty set on riding one or the other. Next time though, the weather has been good i'm really looking forward to riding Galby and i really want to get back to Anacortes too.

Snacks said:
Are you still working in Redmond?
Nope today was the last day out there. i skipped it because i didn't want to stand around and pretend i was doing something. Last day on some roofs can get like that.

MUTOLI said:
That there is my old "stomping grounds". I went to school in Shelton and dated a hick for over 6 years that lived out in the Skokomish Valley. I didn't bike then...I didn't even own a bike then either! Boy, I'm sure glad Ethan came along to change me from deer hunting/beer drinking chick to the mountain biking speedy beaver I've become! :p :evil:
Ahaha you're not foolin nobody. We all know you got those beer drinking deer hunting video games on your computer. And i saw that Dukes of Hazzard DVD collection next to your tv that one day too. :think:

olytrayne

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
olympia
I hikes S Fork Skok the other day and it is beautiful woods. I might be into riding that this sunday if the weather is nice and there is no wind... ( I just bought a sailboat and have to take advantage of the breeze when its there)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
What happened to Shelton? I made plans and penciled it in. :monkey:
S. Fork Skokomish IS Shelton. :dancing:

Quilcene is just a few miles north. :evil:

ok ok ok let's do Skokomish, Midge where in Shelton is somewhere good to meet?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Vno said:
I'm only speculating...but I suppose South Mountain in Phoenix is out?!
Maybe next week if it's not too hot. :monkey:

bikeguy100k said:
Dangit! I'd love to go with ya Skooks, but I have to work this Sunday! It's one of my two Sundays per month at the bike shop...
Skip Work Skip Work Skip Work Skip Work Skip Work Skip Work. :dancing: :evil: :dancing: :evil::dancing: :evil: ;)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Skookum said:
S. Fork Skokomish IS Shelton. :dancing:

Quilcene is just a few miles north. :evil:

ok ok ok let's do Skokomish, Midge where in Shelton is somewhere good to meet?
Oh... I guess there is a difference between Sky and Sko... :think:

I can meet you at Taylor Town and follow you up. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
Are you taking Tacoma Narrows or I-5? You tell me where to be and what time and I will be there.
i'm not sure which would be faster for us.....(me and Johnny) i'll call you tomorrow and let you know. Olytrane if you want in on the ride, meet us at the trailhead at 9:30ish. Me and a pal are gonna take off from Tacoma round 8, i figure that should get us to the trailhead on time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
OK - I got all 3 voice-mails and I know where we are meeting in Shelton but I do not know what time. I cannot find where I set your phone number and it looks like you are not checking your PMs... I suppose I could just show up at 6AM and eat McGriddles until I'm hip and lovin' it. :confused:

EDIT: It should take you 75 to 80 minutes to hit Shelton from Tacoma by taking the bridge. Once in Shelton via HWY3 you will be taking a right that leads you up and out of the flats - stay on the same road (it makes a left turn up the hill and then resumes right at the top) until you see McDonalds which will be on your left. I will be setting all pretty in the wonder truck by 9AM. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
OK - I got all 3 voice-mails and I know where we are meeting in Shelton but I do not know what time. I cannot find where I set your phone number and it looks like you are not checking your PMs... I suppose I could just show up at 6AM and eat McGriddles until I'm hip and lovin' it. :confused:

EDIT: It should take you 75 to 80 minutes to hit Shelton from Tacoma by taking the bridge. Once in Shelton via HWY3 you will be taking a right that leads you up and out of the flats - stay on the same road (it makes a left turn up the hill and then resumes right at the top) until you see McDonalds which will be on your left. I will be setting all pretty in the wonder truck by 9AM. :thumb:
Cool:)