Quantcast

help me find the best place to live!

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
whats up. im new in this forum (seeing as how i live in Santa Cruz)
im planning on moving to washington in the next year and want to know where i should move to. i ride downhill and dirt jump and ride moto. i want to be near (30minute drive) to all three. my GF works in the hospital as a tech so i need to be close to one of those aswell. we like lake sports so one of those would be nice. I dont want to live in a HUGE city or in a town the size of a postage stamp either.

so where should i live?

here is a link to my videos-
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=jmeperu

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Hey, where's the support for the local town? :shocked:

Spokane would meet your requirements too.
Beacon is the place if you like rock drops. We're also going to be building more stunts at Beacon this year.
OK, you're right now that I think about it. And Spokane more so than Bellingham, because it does have all the things your looking for within 30 minutes of town and there are 2 really big hospitals here. One of them is big enough that I have gotten lost in it a couple of times!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
OK, you're right now that I think about it. And Spokane more so than Bellingham, because it does have all the things your looking for within 30 minutes of town and there are 2 really big hospitals here. One of them is big enough that I have gotten lost in it a couple of times!

Actually 4 hospitals, not two. ( Holy Family, Valley, Sacred Heart and Deaconess) Did you know that Spokane is the largest regional medical center between Seattle and Minneapolis?

gg

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Drive through Seattle and keep going north.

sorry Ash, not all of us can afford not to work, live in whistler and kick back and go to the bars every night. :biggrin: :cheers:

bellingham! think about it, awesome riding, the north shore nearby, whistler 3 hours away! you could day trip. as for the rest of requirements, i dont know, haha. :banghead:

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
I ride moto too and in sammamish, everything is like surrounding this city, everythings within a 2 hour drive

as far as dh, theres ike 3 or 4 local dh trails within 45 minutes

and the best dirt jumps around here are probably softies in seattle (45 miniute drive

my mom works at swedish hospital in issaquah which is 15 minutes away

the only down side is if you want to live on the plateau, its relativly pricey for homes

issaquah is much cheaper and thats just 5 minutes away

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Issaquah is great...close to DH, XC, Lake Sammamish, 30 min away from skiing and 20 min. from Seattle. However, I don't believe there is much Moto super close by, and I think you have to go into Seattle for dirtjumps.

Olympia has Capitol Forest, which is basically a huge forest open to motorcycles, mtn bikes, etc. There's plenty of lakes around and its not a big or small town. The downside, Capitol Forest gets old for Dh after awhile and have 1-2 hour drive for more riding. Also, Olympia is 6 hrs away from Whistler, while Issaquah is only 4-4.5.

Bellingham is a great place. I've lived in all 3 and would probably go back to B'ham if I could.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
also one of my friends is building a set of dirtjumps in his backyard
that he will be more then willing to let you ride them

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
Anywhere on Kitsap is good, got the Olympics right there, ferries to Edmonds and Seattle, and hospitals in Silverdale and Bremerton.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Bellingham. There are 2moto tracks in town. Also there are a bunch of local (local only secret-ish) moto-cross trails. For biking we got Galbraith, Academy, 100 Acre Woods, the Snake, North Shore, Whislter.

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
what about port angeles? ive heard there is alot of good stuf there? i could move to whistler, i do have dual citizinship. but lots of really lame jobs helping tourists buy the perfect shirt or single serving maple sryup containers. im looking forward to riding up there this summer, probably in bellingham.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
Port Angeles would be good except the hospital part, though I don't know what they have. about 5hrs from whistler good dh stuff and moto stuff.