Quantcast

Help me get a pimp!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, lol, anyways.

I'm getting a new dj bike, I want it complete, because I don't have all the money in the world to build it up, and I'm getting a dh frame this season too.

I was looking at an eastern night train 2008, but I was also interested in a pimp2 complete, I couldn't find pricing ANYWHERE, not even their distributors, because they are supposed to be out by mid april.

Can any of you guys give me an idea of what you think it will be? Thanks!

http://atomlab.com/webstore.html

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, I got the pricing on a pimp2 complete, $1,150, and an eastern is $1,100.

Now the debat is on. Atomlab Pimp2 complete, or eastern night train?

I like the fork on the eastern, and the geometry seems more for me with the eastern (I'm 5' 7-8" and ride park street, and dj). And the eastern has chainstays that are like 1.3 inches shorter.... But the atom lab seems better quality, and seems like less will break.

Hmmm, a little help here guys if you could?

http://www.atomlab.com/framepimp2.html

http://www.eastern26.com/

Thanks Cru for the help.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I saw a few people on other forums (pinkbike, and mtbr) say that on existing posts about the head tube angle.

It's only off 2 degrees more. I guess I'm not terribly knowledgeable about geometry though.

When you say slack, do you mean the top tube is or isn't steep enough?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Yea slack would be the opp of steep.

I'm not a pro but a steeper headtube angle would feel more responsive which I think would be a plus for park/street riding.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
if you have a nice body, outgoing personality, and need some extra $, u should have no problems getting a pimp.
i suggest doing a bit of strip dancing first, alot of pimps there scoopin out new talent.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
A mob has a 69* head angle.
A ns suburban has a 70* head angle.
An atom lab pimp2 has longer stays and a 70* head angle.
An easterns nighttrain head angle is 72* head angle.

Is 2 or 3 degrees really that much?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
if you have a nice body, outgoing personality, and need some extra $, u should have no problems getting a pimp.
i suggest doing a bit of strip dancing first, alot of pimps there scoopin out new talent.

I'm not 18 yet...

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
A mob has a 69* head angle.
A ns suburban has a 70* head angle.
An atom lab pimp2 has longer stays and a 70* head angle.
An easterns nighttrain head angle is 72* head angle.

Is 2 or 3 degrees really that much?
well the higher the number the steeper the head angle, so i am really surprised that the eastern has the steepest, cuz it looks really slack in the picture. if it really does have 72 degree head angle that would be almost too steep.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
1 last question...

I will be riding downhill at diablo this year at the us open and just over the season, etc... And there will be dual slalom races. Although I will be primarily be riding street, park, dirt etc, I want to ride dual slalom.

I know Sam Hill could do it on this bike, but I'm not him, think it would be possible to ride dual slalom on this bike?

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)

Saw one downtown Cleveland today, red felt hat on looking the part fo shure...