Quantcast

Help me make my fork work

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Long time bmx guy, suspension messes with me really bad.

I have a brand new Fox Float something. 5.5 inches of travel (or six, not sure but more than 4)

I weigh 150 pounds. I have the air pressure set for a 200 pound person, based on this chart.
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/07/eng/oe_custom_products/float_120rl.htm

If the fork is 5.5 inches, I go through about 3-4 inches just going over a basic jump. going UP the lip, not landing.

What I want is the fork to feel stiffer. or something. I don't know, but for the cost of this thing I should be able to get it exactly how I want it, no?

Not stoked on this fork at all. lil' help?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It would help to know what model you have.
What you described sounds like the fork is diving. IF you have a low speed compression adjustment (ie: Float RC or RLC) you should add enough damping to offset the dive you feel.

If you have the actual fork in the link you posted, the lockout threshold will act in a similar manner. Close the lockout, and dial in/out the threshold to add the amount of 'firmness' you like.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Long time bmx guy, suspension messes with me really bad.

I have a brand new Fox Float something. 5.5 inches of travel (or six, not sure but more than 4)

I weigh 150 pounds. I have the air pressure set for a 200 pound person, based on this chart.
http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/07/eng/oe_custom_products/float_120rl.htm

If the fork is 5.5 inches, I go through about 3-4 inches just going over a basic jump. going UP the lip, not landing.

What I want is the fork to feel stiffer. or something. I don't know, but for the cost of this thing I should be able to get it exactly how I want it, no?

Not stoked on this fork at all. lil' help?
So basically what you're asking, is for one of us to read that for you, then tell you what do ?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't think I have that exact fork (from the chart listed). My bike is not near me but I know it's 5.5 or bigger.

I just find it weird that I have it set for a fat guy, air wise, and it still seems crazy soft.

I can adjust the lock out so that it 'just about' locks out but still isn't fully locked. I don't want to break this damn expensive thing because I set some adjustment wrong.