Quantcast

Help me out Mud Hunnies!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I'm looking for a source for an article I'm writing for a magazine. I'm trying to find females to comment on competition between men and women, specifically active women.

How can an active female find a guy to keep up with her and who isn't intimidated by her fitness? I need stories from women who have felt this competition or have felt this intimidation. Or from women who are just willing to speak about this.

I'm trying to speak to both married and single women. If you know of someone who would be willing to speak to me for a couple of minutes that would be great too. Either respond or PM me. Thanks!

Beth

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
(pardon the derail) treesaw, i don't know how i missed those previous posts, but i just read that you're pregnato! fantastic news, congrats to you both.

t

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
bluebug32 said:
Monkeys? Come on and help a sista out! It'll be painless and you get published (bragging rights in a national mag!).
see, the thing is, that i don't usually ride with any guys that are slower than me. i ride at the women's sport dh level and the majority of guys i ride with are at the sport/expert dh level. there is never any competition between us, because i'm always the pokey one trying to catch up.
the competion is only something i have going on internally.... like i want to be just as fast and go over just as many obstacles, but it doesn't happen. which is very frustration....

that was my long way of saying i don't think i would be much of a help.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
amydalayna said:
see, the thing is, that i don't usually ride with any guys that are slower than me. i ride at the women's sport dh level and the majority of guys i ride with are at the sport/expert dh level. there is never any competition between us, because i'm always the pokey one trying to catch up.
the competion is only something i have going on internally.... like i want to be just as fast and go over just as many obstacles, but it doesn't happen. which is very frustration....

Seems like you fit in with every other female AND male on the planet....you associate with people who have similar interests as your own. That's generally a pre-requisite of a relationship that you have SOMETHING in common with your S/O.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
tmx said:
(pardon the derail) treesaw, i don't know how i missed those previous posts, but i just read that you're pregnato! fantastic news, congrats to you both.

t
Thank you!!! I am excited. REALLY sad to have missed DHing all summer, but I am still out riding XC and enjoying every minute on my bike thus far. I am just about 6 months now so I should be back in the DH world next summer. And then, we REALLY have to get together and ride...I am sure I'll need lots of help getting my skills and confidence back!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
amydalayna said:

I was the same way until this year and then I found out that I was faster and had better endurance than 2 of the guys we ride with :D (YEAH me). It was weird not being the pokey one, but I liked it. Even after I had to start taking it easy riding, I was faster some days and that was even funnier (as the guys would pick on each other after the ride about being beaten by a pregnant chick).

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
amydalayna said:
do you know who asa salas is? she is an awesome racer
http://www.teamestrogen.com/articles/asa_stunts.asp

and i know she is better than most of the guys she rides with. if you could get ahold of her she would be a great person to interview.

i believe she has an email somewhere on the team estrogen site.
Thanks! This is due Tues. so I'll see what I can come up with in the meantime.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I could probably give you a different perspective. I am at a level where generally speaking, I am a stronger rider than a lot of guys.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
I just spoke to my editor and apparently I'm supposed to talk to professional bodybuilders. It's nice of them to mention this type of thing when assigning pieces! :rolleyes:
LOL, ok, then I can't help you. :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:

What about when you beat me? I didn't ride very seriously and I had a problem with heart palpitations, but the last heat I was trying to ride nasty to win that way.

It must have felt good to pass me and move to finals...