Quantcast

help me pick between these 2 laptops.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The Intel-spec'd unit comes with more RAM, more graphics memory and what appears to be a better wireless card for slightly less money (not to mention more L2 cache). I don't know about the integrated graphics card, but I'd expect for an integrated, low end card you'll end up with about the same performance.

If you have absolutely no vested interest in either machine (ergonomics or looks or whatever), the Intel probably edges out the AMD machine.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The specs are a little shady on the second one,
south american computer superstore said:
Memoria RAM 1GB DDR2. Más memoria le permite ejecutar más programas de software al mismo tiempo. Nota: Aquellos sistemas que no incluyen tarjeta de video, comparten la memoria principal con la memoria de video. 512 MB DDR II 533 MHz; expandible a 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB) Ranuras de memoria en total Número de ranuras de memoria RAM en total para expandir la capacidad de tu PC 2 DIMMS
To me it says that it has 1gb ram then it say that it has 512mb RAM and 512mb graphics memory, I'd confirm how much RAM it actually has before buying, video ram doesn't help as much as manufacturers want you to believe. For a new computer you really want at least 1gb "memoria principal."