Quantcast

Help me QR20 Z1 Problems

Jumping J

Chimp
Feb 9, 2002
Northern England
Im changing the seals in my Z1's and can't get the main seal out, sugestions please

and when I fill them up again Im going to use a mix of 7.5 and a bit of 10wt oil but the question is how much oil per leg. Im a fairly hard rider and there used for jumpin and stuff, i weigh 172 lbs.

Endless

Chimp
Mar 20, 2002
North Carolina
Originally posted by Jumping J
Im changing the seals in my Z1's and can't get the main seal out, sugestions please

and when I fill them up again Im going to use a mix of 7.5 and a bit of 10wt oil but the question is how much oil per leg. Im a fairly hard rider and there used for jumpin and stuff, i weigh 172 lbs.
J. J.,

Use something blunt and stiff. Like a ball nose 8mm hex key mabey? Make sure it doesn't contact anything you don't wany ruined! Pry against the seal, with the end of the tool you end up using towards the bottom end of the seal, and pivit against the upper insid edge of the seal. Keep working at it from differant angles, and they'll finally pop out.

I weigh 165, dirt jump and what not, and have always used 10wt.

To refill, I lower the stanction tube all the way, fill the leg up, and pump the oil in using the damper rod. Repeat until the cartridge is full. Then I top it off to about an inch or so below the top of the lowered stanction tube.

Good luck!