I got professionally measure a few years back, my numbers in red

Seat Tube Length (center of BB to center of top tube): 58cm57cm
Top Tube Length (center of head tube to center of seat tube): 54cm55cm
Chain stay Length: 41cm
Wheelbase: 100cm
Stand over: 84cm88cm
Head Tube Length (space between top & bottom head set: 22cm 18cm

SEAT TUBE
So, I can't imagine that's an issue, yeah? My BB-to-saddle height is 76.5cm, so even then, I'll still have 18cm of seat post showing, correct?

TOP TUBE
No biggie since I was running a 10cm stem on my custom.

STAND OVER
4cm (1.5inches)... too little? Should I be concerned about getting nutted?

HEAD TUBE
This is my only real concern. 4cm seems like a lot. Granted, on my custom roadie, if felt it could've been a little longer since, maybe a CM. If I got, say, a 17° stem flipped down, would that be sufficient to get the handlebars low enough?
(I prefer having my bars level with my saddle, so...)

ALSO...

If I buy this bike, I'll blow my budget, so how much would it cost to change the crank arms to 175mm?
(· Crank: Campagnolo Racing T 170mm (3 ring) )

Thanks for your help!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You'll want to change the crank anyways since it has a triple. Triples are for sallys. Get some compacts.
I'm fine being a sally.

Any other thoughts on the bike? Is it too big? Did Seven even make a bike like that? Seems rather odd. Did they ever do custom bikes?

For the same money, I could get a custom steel bike with 105 parts, so I'm still leaning that way, but if this bike would work well for me, then hell, Ti would be nice.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Personally I would get the steal bike with new 105 components...but thats just me. I know Seven makes good stuff, but that price seems steep for a used bike

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yeah, I'll do that.

It's just that I've always wanted Ti and a Seven (or preferably a Vanilla), so I got excited that the bike was close to my size.

I'll wait for Veloswap next month and if I find nothing, I'll order the custom frame again.

thanks for the feedback.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, I'll do that.

It's just that I've always wanted Ti and a Seven (or preferably a Vanilla), so I got excited that the bike was close to my size.

I'll wait for Veloswap next month and if I find nothing, I'll order the custom frame again.

thanks for the feedback.
You missed out, Vanilla cleared out several frames last year. They were open to local riders here. Their frames are beautiful......their cross team is at all the races here

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
that's a nice bike for a big guy that likes his handle bars on the hight side, which if I remember right you did. The only problem with TI is that you don't have a reason to get another bike, ie., I always tell my wife my aluminum frame might break now so I have to get a new one or pay hospital costs:)

Are you close enought to ride the thing??? That would clear up many questions.