Quantcast

Help! Need advice for rehab for broken femur

DaKahuna

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Lake Elsinore, CA
Sorry for the cross-post, but my thread in the Fitness and Nutrition section wasn't getting much traffic. My "accident" happened at a time when I didn't have insurance, so I don't have access to a professional physical therapist. So I could use all the advice I can get to help my recovery process.

I am looking for any suggestions for exercises, stretches, alternative treatments (acupuncture?), etc. The full story can be found at the thread below:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108943

Thanks in advance for any help the community might have to offer!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It sounds like you have a really good jump and great motivation to heal which is a BIG part of recovery.

Anyways here are my suggestions....

Find a physical therapist that may take you on for a reduced rate since you don't have insurance and one that would be willing to do a payment plan so you can pay them back within a certain time frame. Probably rare but worth a shot, your doctor may be able to help you out with that one. Also just go for once every few weeks or so and mirror what training regimen he puts you on. Go join the YMCA and use the workout facilities there since it's way cheaper than a fitness gym. There may even be a trainer at the Y willing to help you out, if not have a friend/family member help you out.

Good luck man keep positive and keep pluggin away. :thumb: