Quantcast

Help needed with Hadley rear T/A hubs...

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Okay, here is my situation. I have a 160mm wide (Super 8) rear hub. I'd like to convert it to a 150mm hub. It seems to me that I could do this just by swapping out the disc-side bearing cap or end cap, whatever it's called. And possibly the axle, but I can also just shim it easily so that's not a priority.

So I was wondering if anybody with a 150mm Hadley could take a caliper to it for me on the following dimensions (in the pic); this would probably help me get an idea if this is possible. Also, if anybody knows if it can be done, I'd appreciate any insight.

My numbers, for reference are:
1 - overall length - 160mm
2 - axle length - 131.25mm (and 17mm O.D.)
3 - end cap overall length - 39.6mm

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
DßR said:
Thanks man. I spent all afternoon trying to find their website....
uhoh, quick delete this before the locals read this. we rip on this like every month when someone asks.

Hadley doesn't believe in a website, they think their products don't need advertising. and they don't, its just that good.
cool people husband and wife owned.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
DBR,
I have a bunch of extra end caps for Hadley hubs. Actually, they are for a floating brake that fit on the Super8 hadley hub. I could chop off 10mm for you and you'd have your end cap.
Let me know if you need one.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
buildyourown said:
DBR,
I have a bunch of extra end caps for Hadley hubs. Actually, they are for a floating brake that fit on the Super8 hadley hub. I could chop off 10mm for you and you'd have your end cap.
Let me know if you need one.

ahhh - you're my hero! PM on the way.

adam.0

Chimp
Nov 30, 2009
Barnard Castle (England)
now man... are you still after a 160mm rear hub? as a have a brand new rear hub left over from my old foes. Its brand new in box near used, 32 hole 160mm wide foes hardley hub.

Please get in touch if this is any good for you.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
now man... are you still after a 160mm rear hub? as a have a brand new rear hub left over from my old foes. Its brand new in box near used, 32 hole 160mm wide foes hardley hub.

Please get in touch if this is any good for you.
wow, did you even bother to read the first post?

horrible necro post